Chapter 5

Underswap:

UF PAPYRUS

Papyrus wakes up by the door which leads to the ruins. "GAH, MY HEAD....MUST HAVE PASSED OUT" He gets up, barely noticing how he was in a complete different place. "MY EYES. IS IT ALWAYS THIS BRIGHT HERE?" He starts to walk when suddenly, the door to the ruins opens. A small human, wearing a green striped shirt comes through. He quickly turns around. This is the moment he's trained for. 

"HUMA-" Papyrus is interrupted by Sans's voice coming from behind him. "HUMAN! I, THE MAGNIFICENT SANS, WILL CAPTURE YOU! BY CAPTURING YOU, I WILL BECOME A ESTEEMED MEMBER OF THE ROYAL GUARD! I WILL BECOME POPULAR! EVERYONE WILL WANT TO BE MY FRIEND! MWEHEHEHEH!" Papyrus is amazed. Sans wants to capture a human? He begins to wonder if Sans is on crack. Sans continues, "PRIOR TO YOUR CAPTURE, MY BROTHER PAPYRUS AND MYSELF WILL LEAD YOU THROUGH A SERIES OF PUZZLES! MWEHEHEHEHEH! COME ALONG BROTHER! WE MUST READY THE PUZZLES!" Blue runs off, and Papyrus, confused as ever, follows.

Just as Papyrus was about to yell at his brother for being all weird, Blue quickly says, "WHERE DID YOU GET THE COOL OUTFIT, BROTHER?! AND WOWZERS, YOUR EYES ARE RED!" Papyrus is in shock. Why was his brother acting like such a child. He yells "WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU?! I SWEAR, YOU'RE GETTING BRAIN DAMAGE FROM ALL THAT MUSTARD YOU DRINK! DO YOU EVEN HEAR YOURSELF?!" Blue looks shocked. "B-BROTHER, ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" Papyrus sees the tears in Sans's eyes and is seriously concerned. He replies, "I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO PULL, BUT IF YOU KEEP ACTING LIKE THIS, YOU'RE SURELY GONNA BE KILLED. I SUGGEST YOU GO HOME UNTIL YOU FIGURE OUT WHATEVER THE HECK IS GOING ON WITH YOU." Sans looks confused. "B-BUT WHAT ABOUT THE PUZZLES?" 

Papyrus sees tears in sans's eyes. He feels angry that his brother is acting like such an idiot. But then he thinks to himself, why not humor Sans while he's acting like this. "UGH, FINE. IF WE MUST, WE CAN LEAD THE HUMAN THROUGH THE PUZZLES PRIOR TO CAPTURE."

As they worked through the puzzles, Papyrus noticed a bunch of monsters acting...differently. Everyone was acting oddly cheerful. Especially Sans. The human, however, seemed awfully, distant compared to everyone else. 

Once the brothers got home Sans began to make tacos. Papyrus went up to his room....but it wasn't his room. It had a huge mess. "WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED HERE?! WHO DESTROYED MY ROOM?!" He checked in the closet and all his clothes were replaced with orange sweatshirts. "SOMEONE MUST HAVE BROKEN IN AND CHANGED EVERYTHING JUST TO MAKE ME MAD." Then he thought to himself, maybe Sans was trying to mess with him. It has been years since Sans tried pulling his weird time and space stuff, but maybe he was trying to make Papyrus feel like he was going crazy or something.

He went down to eat some dinner. It was weird having Sans cook. Usually Sans was to lazy to do anything. "HAVE SOME TACOS MADE BY THE MAGINICENT SANS!" Sans said as he served his burnt tacos. Papyrus looked at them, then looked at his brother's face. Sans seemed really excited for Papyrus to eat them, so he did, "WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH THESE??" Papyrus screamed as he spat out the tacos. "I MAKE THESE EVERY NIGHT. I THOUGH YOU LOVED THEM. Y-YOU DON'T LIKE THEM?" Sans responded, looking upset. Papyrus took the rest of his food and threw it away. "I'M FULL. THIS WAS QUITE LITERALLY THE WORST THING I HAVE EVER TASTED." Sans was confused. His brother never acted like this. "I-I'M SORRY. I'LL DO BETTER NEXT TIME."

Sans then tried to spark a conversation, "SO, BROTHER, I SEE YOU'VE STOPPED SMOKING AND DRINKING HONEY FOR THE WHOLE DAY! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! I KNEW YOU COULD STOP IF YOU JUST TRIED! MWEHEHEH!" 

Papyrus began to think that this wasn't really his world. Sans would never put so much effort into a prank like this. This version of Sans was clearly a child, so he tried to use his words carefully. Just by looking at Sans he could tell that if he said something too mean that Sans would probably break into tears. "UHH, YEAH...." Papyrus felt like such an idiot talking to this kid.

Sans began to speak again. "I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THE HUMAN FINALLY CAME! ONCE I CAPTURE THEM ALPHYS IS SOO GOING TO LET ME INTO THE ROYAL GUARD! MWEHEHEH!" Papyrus wasn't really paying attention to what Sans was saying anymore. He was busy thinking to himself, he needed to find a way to get everything back to normal. He was trying to think, but all that he could think about was how Sans was gonna get himself killed acting like this.