Chapter 9

Underfell:

UT PAPYRUS:

Papyrus paced around. Anxiously waiting for the human to arrive so he could lead them through the puzzles. 

"GREETINGS, HUMAN...ERR, AND FLOWER! BEHOLD, THE DEADLY ELECTRICITY MAZE!" Papyrus explained the puzzle. It seemed similar enough to the puzzle back at home. Papyrus was confused by Flowey though. Why was Flowey with the human? 

"CONGRATULATIONS HUMAN AND FLOWER! YOU'VE SOLVED THE PUZZLE!" Papyrus gave away the answer to the electricity maze by walking through, revealing the trail, while trying to give the orb to the human, but oh well. As the human continued through the puzzles, Papyrus noticed the same dusty powder on it's hands, just like the human back home. This worried him. Maybe he was supposed to help this human too! Once the human had completed all of the puzzles, Papyrus went home to check on Sans.

He went to the secret room, assuming Sans was still looking at the machine. "WELL, BROTHER, HAVE WE FOUND OUT HOW TO SEND ME HOME?" "no. i can't even turn the stupid machine on. i think...i think they have to fix the machine over in your universe in order to send you and my boss back to where you two belong, because that was the machine to send you here to begin with." Papyrus's smile faded. "SO, THERE'S NOTHING WE CAN DO?" Papyrus was worried. He had gotten everyone into this mess, and now there was nothing he could do to fix it. "well, no. there is nothing we can do, but if your sans could fix the machine and get it running, i'm sure we could switch you guys back. 

"SO... WHAT DO WE DO NOW?" Papyrus didn't want to continue to pretend to be this version of himself, but it seemed like it was all he could do. "well, you would usually wait up by the entrance to waterfall and fight the human, but that....you could die if you do that." Papyrus suggested, "WELL, MAYBE ALL THE HUMAN NEEDS IS A FRIEND! IF I GO THERE AND OFFER MY FRIENDSHIP, THEY WILL SURELY SPARE ME!" "heh, that's not how it works here, buddy. here, it's kill or be killed." 

After discussing, the brothers decided to avoid the human. Sans wasn't sure what would happen if this version of Papyrus died since this wasn't his own universe. If this Papyrus died, there was a chance that when the reset happened he wouldn't come back, and he didn't want to have to find out. Sans then said, "oh shoot, it's 3:05. you were supposed to meet with undyne five minutes ago! quick, just run over and tell her you saw a human here." Papyrus is confused, but does what his brother says. While Papyrus is gone, Sans sighed and talked aloud to himself. "well, the human has to face someone before they enter waterfall..."