Chapter 10

Undertale

US PAPYRUS

Sans and Papyrus watch on the cameras with Alphys as the human made their way through waterfall. All these two had to do was wait for judgement. Papyrus was busy trying to figure out who was swapped with who in this universe. Obviously him and his brother had swapped. Flowey and temmie, and now apparently Alphys and Undyne. 

"S-so, Papyrus, I-I'm happy t-that the h-human spared you! T-that was lucky." Sans told Alphys that the human had spared his brother and that Papyrus wanted to help with evacuations while watching the cameras. As far as she knew, this was just normal Papyrus who decided to dress a little weirdly. He had decided to just wear his orange sweatshirt and shorts. He didn't see the point in trying to dress like normal Papyrus since the battle body wasn't here. He had just told Alphys that he needed to wash his clothes. 

"yeah. i'm lucky i got away" Papyrus responded, not really paying attention. He was to busy watching the cameras. The human had killed enough people, it was time to evacuate everyone from waterfall. "I-I'll go tell everyone to evacuate real q-quick. You two stay here on the cameras. I-I'll be right back." Alphys stammered as she walked away.

 Papyrus signed. "you think everything is okay back at my home?" Papyrus asked. Sans replied, "i'm not sure. i have been kinda worried about that. what if the machine doesn't switch you guys back? what if papyrus dies in your universe? what if he's already dead? there's a lot of stuff that could be going wrong, ya know?" Papyrus thinks, then responds, "asking these questions won't get us anywhere. all we can do is try and hope for the best." Papyrus is trying to play it cool, but deep down he is worried. What if the human is doing a genocide run in his universe too? What if when he gets back Blue is already dead? He didn't want to think about it.

Alphys rushed back into the room, just as the human reached Undyne. She had taken the hit for Monster Kid, but wasn't gone yet. She was talking, talking about Papyrus. Did she think he was dead? He didn't show up for her meeting, so in her mind she must have thought the human had gotten him. "What did you do to him? What did you do TO HIM?!?" Papyrus and Sans stared at the screen. Papyrus never really watched Captain Alphys fight the human back at home, he usually didn't want to watch his brother's friend die. If this Undyne cared so much for this Papyrus, then the Alphys back home must have really been close with his Sans. This brought a smile to his face. It was nice to know that they really did care.

Alphys screamed, "N-No. Undyne!" and started sobbing, but then she transformed. She became Undyne the Undying. Alphys cheered, filled with hope that Undyne would make it, but Sans and Papyrus both knew that the human would just reset and try again until they beat her. 

The human felt off. Since they didn't kill Papyrus earlier, they has less LV than usual, so this fight seemed harder. They still felt weird. Everything else about this run had seemed pretty normal except for the fact that Papyrus wasn't at the last spot. It's like he just, disappeared from the game. Finally, after many resets, they killed Undyne.

Alphys cried out from behind the screens. "I-I really thought she would make it. I-" her sobs interrupted whatever she was going to say next. Papyrus tried to comfort the scientist, but nothing helped. "I-I gotta help save everyone from the H-human. Mettaton should be able to s-slow them down. W-We can't let them reach A-Asgore." Alphys was trying to distract herself from the pain by staying on task. She left the room, embarrassed to cry in front of the brothers. 

Papyrus sighed. "this world is so messed up. to the human, this is all just a sick game, but to us....they ruin our lives over and over and for what? i can't stand it. i wish i was normal like everyone else. i wish i could forget each reset and live in peaceful ignorance." Sans could see that this Papyrus was worried. He clearly was nervous to fight the human. "hey, bro, i feel you. i learned that there is nothing we can do to change any of this. all i can do is hope that someday the human will stop the resets." He tried to be hopeful, but both of them knew deep down that that would never happen.