Chapter 17

Underswap

Papyrus woke back up in judgement hall. There he saw a pile of dust. Next to it, blue's scarf and a note. He picked up the note. It was in his own handwriting . "I AM SORRY I COULDN'T SAVE YOU SANS. AFTER YOU LEFT, I DID WHAT YOU ASKED AND TRIED STOPPING THE HUMAN. I GAVE IT EVERYTHING I HAD, YET STILL, IT MANAGED TO SLIP AWAY. I AM SORRY I HAVE FAILED YOU. YOU ARE THE MOST EXTRORDINARY BROTHER/FUTURE ROYAL GUARDSMAN. YOU WILL FOREVER BE IN MY HEART. I LOVE AND MISS YOU. -PAPYRUS" He was assuming that this note was from the other version of himself. He sat down with the scarf. All he had to do was wait for the human to reset this world, then everything would go back to normal.

He let the tears out. "i'm sorry i wasn't here for you, blue. i'm sorry. if i knew what was going to happen, i would have spent more time with you on the phone. i'm sorry i wasn't there-"

The world was reset.

Underfell

Papyrus woke up in the camera room in Dr. Alphys's lab. He has still felt very sad and upset, but at least now the tears had stopped. He looked at the cameras, "IS, IS THAT SANS?" He saw the camera situated in the judgement hall. Sans was fighting the human. Papyrus took off running. "NO, NOT HIM TOO. PLEASE NOT HIM TOO."

Just as he arrived, the human had left. He was too late. Sans had a cut straight through the middle of where his stomach would be. Sans looked into Papyrus's eyes. "b-boss? you made it back!" Sans was smiling. he fell into Papyrus's arms. "SHHH, BROTHER. I'M HERE." Papyrus began to hug Sans, tears in his eyes, which shocked Sans. "I LOVE YOU, SANS." Sans seemed even more shocked by this. "heh, pap, I-" Then he turned to dust. Papyrus held Sans's jacket to his chest. He hugged it. "PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T LEAVE. PLEASE COME BACK SANS. I HAVE TO APOLIGIZE. I HAVE TO MAKE UP FOR HOW CRUEL I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN."

After a while, he got up, unsure of what he would do next, when he noticed a piece of Paper in the pocket. He took it out and read it. "hey pap, if you're reading this, then the human got me. don't worry, just stay safe, and eventually things will work out. just try to avoid the human and stay safe. I couldn't live with myself if you got hurt. -sans" Papyrus sat back down. Had Sans written this for him, or for the other Papyrus? Maybe he had written it for both. It didn't matter. Papyrus sat there, wishing for his brother back. Wishing he had a redo.

He wished his world was just a bit kinder. He wished people here were allowed to express love and compassion without being marked as weak. He remembered back to when he was a child. He too, had been a lot like blue. But the people in his world wouldn't allow nice guys, so he had to learn to grow up real quick. He wished he could change that. he wished-

The world was reset.