Chapter 6

Underfell

UT PAPYRUS

"you aren't my boss....are you"

"I-I'M REALLY CONFUSED SANS. I-I'M SORRY. I TOUCHED THE MACHINE YOU TOLD ME NOT TO TOUCH AND NOW EVERYONE IS ACTING DIFFERENT AND THE HUMAN ISN'T EVEN HERE AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!" "whoa whoa, buddy, calm down." Sans could tell that his brother...or whoever this is, was clearly unstable. "just tell me everything that happened, and then we can try to figure this out, okay bro?" 

"O-OKAY. I WAS ABOUT TO CONFRONT THE HUMAN, THEY NEEDED MY HELP. THEIR LIFE SEEMED TO BE GOING DOWN A DANGEROUS PATH, SO I PLANNED TO HELP THEM BY OFFERING MY FRIENDSHIP, BUT BEFORE THAT, I THINK, I THINK I WENT INTO THAT ROOM YOU TOLD ME NOT TO GO INTO, THEN I THINK I TURNED ON THE MACHINE THAT WAS IN THERE, THEN I WOKE UP HERE." Papyrus seemed upset. Sans responded, "well, it seems like you touched that machine i have which allows me to keep track of..." Sans stopped himself. He's never been able to describe that machine to anyone. He has never really been able to talk about the resets or anything. He debated if this version of Papyrus was even able to handle knowing about resets.

"ahh, what do you know about resets?" "UHH, RESETS? I'M NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN" "well... uhh, that machine there helps me keep track of different timelines and universes. i guess i gotta explain it now, because we need to know how to send you home and get my boss back." "WOWIE! THERE ARE OTHER UNIVERSES?!" "yeah buddy. that machine came from the core. originally, i took it to try and get someone i lost back, but that.... didn't work out, so now it is kinda just sitting down there. i'm guessing that the machine in your universe glitched out and ended up switching which universe you and my boss ended up in." Papyrus was overwhelmed with all of this information.

 "W-WHO DID YOU LOSE?" Papyrus asked. He can't recall ever losing anyone. "no one important." Sans knew no one remembered, but he wouldn't forget. "uhh, to be honest, i'm not quite sure how to get you back. i could fire up the machine, but it usually doesn't do anything." "THEN HOW AM I GOING TO GET HOME, BROTHER?" Papyrus was getting worried. He messed this all up, it was his fault. Back home the human was probably going around hurting innocent people. Sans could see tears starting to well up in Papyrus's eyes. "hey, hey, don't worry bro, well find a way, but for now we need to try not to raise any suspicions."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?" "well, here people aren't exactly the friendliest, if they find out something is up with you it would ruin my boss's reputation, not to mention people could try to hurt you." "WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO?" "well, i think you need to convince everyone that you are the normal papyrus who usually lives here."

Sans had Papyrus change into the red and black uniform. "now, my boss is second in the royal guard. he is usually out patrolling on watch for humans. at 3:00 he meets up with undyne and reports if he's seen anything." "WOWIE! I AM SECOND IN THE ROYAL GUARD?!" "that's right, i'll be thinking of a plan while you do that, but I can also follow you around to help you stay in character if you need." "YES, THANK YOU, THAT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED." Sans flinched at the words 'thank you.' Papyrus looked confused. "DOES 'THANK YOU' MEAN SOMETHING DIFFERENT HERE?" "no, but we don't really say it. people who say thank you are usually considered weak, and are more likely to be attacked. just, maybe try not to say it." "AH, THANK YOU FOR THE ADVICE, BROTHER!....ER, SORRY" "heh. It's alright bro."

As the brothers were walking around town, pretending to be normal, they got to the door by the ruins when a human came out. This worried Papyrus. Now he had to deal with the human on top of trying to figure out how to get back home. This human looked similar to the human Papyrus was used to seeing, but this one held Flowey. Papyrus remembered Flowey. Flowey was a friend back home who would talk to him, offer him advice and tell him cool predictions. 

Papyrus whispered to Sans, "UHH, WHAT WOULD OTHER ME DO IN THIS SITUATION" Sans shrugged and said "try to capture the human, i guess. just err.. try to follow my lead." He says under his breath, "this game is already so messed up, the kid's probably getting a real kick out of this." Then he speaks to the human, "uhh hello, human. my boss and i are going to, uhh, lead you through a series of puzzles, so...yeah. see ya up ahead kiddo." Then he grabbed Papyrus and they both ran ahead.

"OH NO, I'M NOT SURE HOW TO HANDLE THE HUMAN IN THIS SITUATION. I CAN'T FOCUS ON THE HUMAN WHILE TRYING TO GET HOME!" "it's okay bro, listen. you try to lead the human through the puzzles. they should be similar to the ones at home. just do your best. i'm gonna try to figure out what is up with the machine. do not try to fight the human and don't interact with anyone else, you got it?"