Chapter 12

Underfell

UT PAPYRUS

Papyrus ran to meet with Undyne. He wasn't sure what he was going to say or do. When he arrived Undyne seemed clearly angry, but he couldn't tell if she was actually mad, or if that was just her natural face in this world.

"Anything to report?" She asked. "WELL, YES ACTUALLY. A HUMAN ARRIVED. THEY SEEMS DANGEROUS. I LED THEM THROUGH A SERIES OF PUZZLES." "And you didn't capture them?? What were you doing you bonehead??" "I'M SORRY UNDYNE. I WAS DISTRACTED TODAY." He was a little afraid. This Undyne was clearly more angry than the Undyne back home. "Well, what are you waiting for? A kiss on the cheek?! Go capture the human!" "YES UNDYNE, I'LL GO DO THAT." Papyrus left as fast as he could. He didn't want to see her get more mad. As he ran off she looked over at him, briefly softened her face, then turned around and marched off. "He seems...off today," She whispered to herself as she marched away.

Sans wrote a note.  "hey pap, if you're reading this, then the human got me. don't worry, just stay safe, and eventually things will work out. just try to avoid the human and stay safe. I couldn't live with myself if you got hurt. -sans" Sans was feeling stressed. He would fight the human in the same spot his boss always did. He would die where his boss died time and time again. All he could hope to do was buy them time. If he could slow down the human and prevent them from killing this Papyrus, he could give the other people in the other universe more time to fix the machine. "i hope the other people in the other universes aren't screwing this up." Sans put the note in his pocket, and made his way towards the edge of Snowdin.

The human arrives. "heh, hey kiddo. bet you weren't expecting to see me, were you." He smiled and winked. "i'm feeling a bit generous, so i won't bore you with any long speeches or anything. let's just get straight to it." The fight begins. Sans continues to dodge, but so does the human. They have done genocide runs in the past, they know his attacks. 

They play the same game played before. Sans feels weird fighting the human here. Their LV is so much lower than when he usually fights them, but this just makes this fight easier for him. "look, kiddo. we're in a weird situation right now. i would appreciate it if you maybe tried this whole murder genocide thing a different day." The human acts like it doesn't even hear him. Sans knows how this will end. He knows he can't dodge forever.

"this, is my special attack." It's nothing. He will wait for the human to break the rules and attack while it's still his own turn. The human moves towards the fight button. Sans accepts his fate.

After his chat with Undyne, Papyrus decides to find Sans. He is unsure what to do now, but perhaps his brother will have a plan. He enters Snowdin and sees Sans....with the human. He is puzzled, why is Sans here. Sans told Papyrus to avoid the human and to not come to this location, so why was Sans here...unless..... "BROTHER, WATCHOUT!" Papyrus runs to this version of Sans's side. The human swings for the 1 HP monster. 

Papyrus hates using shortcuts. He finds them lazy, but now he needed to think fast. He uses a shortcut and teleports in front of Sans, shielding the smaller skeleton with his own body. Half of Papyrus's HP is gone. Sans yells, "papyrus?! what are you doing??" The human hits him again, his HP drops again. Sans does the only thing he can think of, he grabs the taller skeleton and uses a shortcut to flee.

Papyrus's health is lower than ever. One more hit, and he would turn to dust. They teleport back to their home in Snowdin. "what the heck bro, why did you do that?!" Papyrus, clearly in pain, turned to Sans. "A-ARE YOU ALRIGHT? YOU COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED, BROTHER. YOU SCARED ME." Sans sees that there are tears welling up in Pap's eyes. Sans softens his eyes responds, "you can't just jump into a fight like that. you can't die. i don't know if we could bring my boss back if you died. you have to be more careful." Papyrus sobs, "YOU ALMOST GOT HIT. IF YOU DIED I WOULDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN." Sans feels guilty. "sigh... alright bro. listen, i was trying to make sure you didn't get hurt, alright. the human usually tries to kill my boss right there, so i thought i would try to hold them off so they didn't get to you."

Sans heals some of Papyrus's HP back to normal, but it won't go all the way back up. He has half the HP he normally has, so Sans warns him to be careful. "let's go to alphys's lab. i'm sure we can hide there and be safe from the human. they got cameras so we can keep track of where the human goes." "ALRIGHT BROTHER." Papyrus was feeling worried. He decided to change out of the cool red and black armor and back into his battle body, because if they were just going to be in the lab the only one who would be seeing them was Alphys, who probably wouldn't really care about he outfit change.

 As they sat at the cameras, they watched as the human killed more and more. The human even got to Undyne, which seemed to upset Alphys. Before long, the human got to Hotland. Sans was feeling worried. How would judgement go? The human technically killed everyone they could, but Papyrus was still alive. Would sans have to fight the human again? He wasn't sure. "your brother back home better fix that machine before anything else happens."