Chapter 24- Adam/ Short

The new Merman friend (if you could call him that) was completely smitten by Y/N.

Adam was extremely annoyed as the merman managed to somehow get human legs.

It wasn't something even Adam knew Mermen could do. But Diem grew a pair anyways..

Y/N had looked away when Diem had crawled out to the grass. Standing a bit shakily, he had grinned in a delighted manner, with everything showing.

Flower had laughed but the others looked furious.

Managing to find some clothes for the mermen, Diem had been dressed (begrudgingly), and provided the directions to where the oldest dragon lived.

Adam himself, was by far less than impressed, by this pretty shining mermen who kept ogling Y/N.

Eriol on the other hand was seething.

His blue eyes turned a deadly red, and Adam had to restrain the boy before he could do any damage.

With a sigh, Adam wondered how his life came to this.

Growing up a half hadn't been easy. Especially in the world they all lived in.

Being male was a curse itself.

And being a half species male? That was a death sentence.

No tribe or even woman wanted a half species.

Most half's were killed off once they were born. Or just left to die somewhere.

Adam never knew why his mother decided to let him live. Perhaps she felt guilt?

For whatever reason, she kept him alive until he was about 6, then left in a secluded area in the forest to fend for himself.

If Adam hadn't met Eriol, then maybe he wouldn't be as nice as he was now.

Eriol was in the same situation as him. A rejected half who was lonely as he was.

The two were inseparable as they grew. Teaching one another how to survive and looking out for one another.

It was a miracle that they survived as long as they did really.

And then one day, Eriol appeared with a confused human woman.

A woman from a different world.

Sometimes, Adam thought that maybe Y/N was sent to their world on purpose.

Perhaps, she was meant to be a warning, a signal to all the species.

Maybe to even the women themselves?

And then other times, Adam realized she was just a confused, frightened girl, who reminded him of himself.

Being forced into something she had no control over.

It made him want to protect her.

She didn't know how to survive in this world.

And if she had to go back to hers then so be it.

But now...

Adam felt Eriol go limp in his arms.

If Eriol, Adams own best friend, and brother became this .. possessive over Y/N in such a short time, then how bad would another man get?

Or even worse... how bad would a woman get?

And as Adam fretted he felt the anxiety churn in him.

More danger was coming could he help Y/N? Could he protect her?

As the day progressed, Adam looked up at the sky, he just didn't know anymore.

He didn't know if he could protect another who might possibly die within his reach.

After all Life is a bitch that way.