1

Ever

My parents had always made me peanut butter and seed free raspberry sandwiches, for breakfast. They would have it cut into four squares, and a big glass of orange juice would be sitting beside it. That was when they were alive. They died in a rogue attack.

That was seven years ago. I was told that my parents were running the perimeter of the territory when a group of rogues attack. After that day I was moved to the pack house to live with the Alpha's family. That was the day I became an Omega.

"Ever, get your ass down here," the Alpha yelled up the stairs, breaking me out of my thoughts.

I ran down the stairs and bowed when I reached the kitchen that was filled with the Alpha's and Beta's family.

"Ever what did I tell you? You are supposed to be downstairs with breakfast ready by seven o'clock. It is now seven-fifteen," the Alpha, whose name is John, slaps me.

"I'm sorry sir, it won't happen again, I promise," I say, holding my stinging cheek.

"Go get breakfast ready," he orders. "And no breakfast today."

What did I do to deserve this? I ask myself as I begin making breakfast. I made waffles, eggs multiple different ways, pancakes, and bacon. After doing this for this for seven years I finished making everyone breakfast in ten minutes. I made an extra piece of bacon for myself and hid it under a towel. I brought all the food in and stood to the side, waiting for my orders.

My stomach grumbled as I watched everybody eat. My hands shot to my stomach as if they would stop the sound it was making.

"Ever here is your list of chores for today," the Luna says handing me a sheet of paper. Her perfectly manicured nails showing.

The Luna was very beautiful and I couldn't help but admire her beauty. Her name was Isabelle, she never slapped me like everyone else, but would say words that weren't so kind.

The list contained many chores like...

1. Clean the kitchen and put all the dishware away.

2. Clean every room in the house.

3. Wash all the clothes.

4. Vacuum the floors.

5. Dust the house.

6. Polish the silver.

...And it goes on and on and on.

I start my choirs, cleaning the kitchen first and ate the piece of bacon I had hid quickly. I cleaned all the dishes and put them away. I polished the silver when I was in the kitchen. Silver does hurt werewolves, it burns the skin. I have to wear gloves when polishing the silver, or my hands would be burned to a crisp.

After polishing the dishes I cleaned all the rooms as quickly as possible, organizing the clothes into piles. I washed them all before vacuuming the floors while waiting for the clothes to be finished in the washer. I dusted the house, and then transferred the clothes from the washer and drying. I cleaned all the windows in the house, which was a lot. Once the clothes were done, I brought them to the appropriate rooms.

"Ever, we are having guests over tonight set the table with the finest china," Luna Isabelle says walking past me. "And nice job polishing the silver."

"Thank you Luna," I say bowing.

I go over to the china cabinet and grab the finest china the Alpha has. They have designs of wolves over them. The guests coming today must be another Alpha from another pack or the elders. I set the table and place the silverware in the appropriate places. I set a cup and saucer next to every plate.