19. Ok. Well, I Guess That Happened.

I woke up the next morning to see Edward covered in dew. It was beautiful. I slowly ran my hand down his jaw line. A jawline that was very boyish. He looked so much like a teenage boy now that he was well fed. Straight nose, angular jaw, full lips bordered by a round baby face. The features of a boy barely budding into a man. He looked like a tall preteen. He looks younger than he really is. Now I didn't have to be ashamed of thinking he was cute. I wonder if he feels the same way? I know I can never replace Bella, but I'll make him happy in my own way. He seemed to stir at my touch parting those beautiful long eyelashes.

"Morning. It's good to dream with you." Edward said smiling.

"Dream with me?" I asked.

"I can read your mind and stay very still with my eyes closed and it's like I'm sleeping and we're having the same dream. I....I've been doing it for the past couple of months. I...I hope I'm not being weird." Edward said with his head down.

"I actually think that's kind of cute. You can't sleep so I guess that's your way of sleeping." I said. It was kind of cute. Edward doing his best to replicate sleep. I'm a bit embarrassed cause some of my dreams have been personal, but Edward had a look that screamed he would never tell. It must be odd to read minds. I really have no idea how his mind reading works.

"You think the pack knows we moved into being in a relationship?" Edward asked.

"Probably. Your family is the one we have to tell. I'm nervous about that, but it's best to do it now rather than later." I said.

"I am too and I agree with you. We...We can head there now if you want after we put the flowers on the alter." He said.

"Ok." I said.

We both got up and started the long track back to my rabbit. Edward picked up a nice handful of flowers before we headed back to the house to put them in a really nice vase and put them on Bella's alter. They looked so beautiful there.

"Th.....This my be too soon. I mean we just got together, but ummm. Is it ok if I hold your hand?" Edward asked.

"You're asking me if you can hold my hand?" I asked.

"Yeah. Sorry." He said.

"Why are you sorry? It's ok with me." I said.

"Ok. If it's ok with you. How long do you want me to hold your hand?" He asked.

"As long as you want to." I said. Edward smiled shyly and then timidly took my hand. He was adorable and considerate. He was holding my hand like he was going to snap it in two if he wasn't really careful. Oh my poor Edward. Is this how you held Bella's hand? We only separated our touch for a bit as we got into the car then reconnected in the car. I didn't mind this at all. I pulled into the drive and once again our hands separated only to rejoin as we entered the house.

"Hi you two. What brings you here?" Carlisle asked.

"We...We have some news. Good news." Edward said.

"Ok. Come into the living room. Alice said something was going to happen today based on everyone elces future." Carlisle said as we all made it into the living room where everyone was sitting.

"We have some exciting news." I said smiling.

"What is it Jacob Dear?" Esme asked.

"We....We are a....a thing now. D...Dating." Edward said.

"Yes! My work around future sight was right!" Alice shouted. And everyone else awwed and hugged us for ages.

"Dude. Dating a guy. That's hot." Emmett said. Edward looked at him funny. "What?" He asked. Edward just shook his head.