Chapter 23

~Rachel's P.O.V.~

      Marshall and I walk into the music store in the middle of downtown called "Recovery". He's so excited about it. Inside of the store, there's vinyl records everywhere and there's wall to wall cassette tapes and CDs. I've never seen so much music in one place. As soon as we're inside I drift into the rock section. Marshall follows me and watches me fish through the vinyl.

"Oh my god." I say, pulling out an old Ramones album. "This is so old."

"It's not that old." Marshall contradicts, curling his arm around my waist and then quickly removing it. "Sorry. Forgot."

       God that sucks. I know he didn't forget he's just trying to sneak in all the "accidents" he can.

"C'mon." I gesture for him to follow me.

      We walk to the way back corner of the store to wear the old rap CDs are. I rush over to them and Marshall leans against the wall behind me.

"Holy crap they have everything." I say. "Look at this."

      I pluck Tupac Shakur's first album off the shelf and thrust it into Marshalls hands.

"This is the greatest album ever written." I explain and take it from his hands. "These songs got me through my entire life. I mean, he's a legend I can't believe they have this."

       I look up and see Marshall just staring at me smirking. I'm suddenly flushed with self consciousness. I blush, realizing I went on a rant about Tupac. Stop looking at me like that. I mentally beg. He doesn't stop though just keeps on smirking.

"Why are you staring at me?" I ask.

"I don't know." He smiles. "I want to kiss you."

      The blushing intensifies.  I twirl a piece of my hair while I look at the floor. I know Marshall's staring at me still. His eyes create the most intense of stares. I can feel the invisible line of vision. God he's cute. My gaze rises again and I meet his eyes. I love you. I want to kiss him too. I want a lot of things from him. But he looks so perfect standing there against the wall. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if we bent the rules this once.

"You can." I take a step closer.

"Well so could you." He laughs. "But then we'd both lose."

"I'll make an exception." I say, the need to kiss him getting stronger. "Just this one time."

"What if I don't want to stop?" He challenges, coming forward as well.

"Then you'll have to talk about the surgery." I smirk and take the last step of distance between us. "And buy me this CD."

"Deal." He whispers.

      Marshall places both hands on my hips, slowly backing us up against the shelves of CDs. His nose brushes on mine once or twice in preparation. He's going slow, making sure every movement counts. And then, in the back corner of Recovery, Marshall allows his lips to press on mine. The kiss itself is divine. He moves his lips slow, treasuring every moment of this. His hands press into the small of my back bringing me closer to his body. Our lips work on each other for a while before I nibble on his bottom lip. He moans a little and then delivers one last hard kiss to me before pulling away. Now that it's over I'm unsure what to do.

"That was nice." He mumbles. "I just wish it was more."

"Then do it." I urge, still holding him.