Pink Snowflakes

Song: Quiet Room (English cover) - splendiferachie 

Letting out a cry, tears were pouring down her eyes

Grumbot knew they weren't human. They were created for a simple purpose. To serve their dads in Mumbo's attempt to become Mayor. Grian told them that they won when they awoke. But something just–something just felt wrong about it. An empty feeling in their chest, like something was missing.

They had tried to bring it up to his dads before, but each time they visited seemed to get shorter.

"Dad! How are you doing?" They would ask excitedly, happy to see their father creator.

"I'm fine! I assume you are doing well as too, seeing ad there are no malfunctions that Mumbo has been alerted for!" Their father would chuckles, patting the robot in an affectionate way.

"Well, actually I—

"It was good speaking to you Grumbot! Can't wait to see you again! Bye," Grian said suddenly, flying off without a trace, leaving Grumbot to wonder if he way ever there in the first place.

Sometimes... Grumbot would get visitors, though those bisits were becoming more frequent as their fathers's became sporadic.

"I'm breaking down inside, I can't do this anymore," Grumbot would confess to the strange figure. They looked eerily similar to Grian just-just more broken if that was possible. They would always shout when speaking, their speech would stutter randomly and their movements were rigid. Grumbot had asked about if, if they had known their father, but their question was always brushed off in favor of a more friendly conversation before they disappeared again.

The empty feeling still didn't go away.

_

I looked to the floor and told her all that I knew

Jrumbot always wanted to make his fathers proud. He was told that he was the one that will help Mumbo become Mayor, and he would do it. He would do anything to help his fathers succeed. After all, that's what he was built for, that's what he told everyone he'll do.

"Hwyo! I'm Jruwbot! I'll hewp papa become the Mayor!"

They would coo and pass him by, pat him with loving stares before walking away again. Jrumbot loved his fathers, but he loved his sibling too. And he saw the giant box around him, his computer brain telling him that something was wrong, but his programing telling him his fathers were handling it.

The doubts in his mind became louder when he saw a doppelgänger sneak inside.

__

"The feeling fades, just wait a little more."

NPG was lonely, he always was. He missed the days when his joints were not so clumsy and rusty. He always missed the days when he was loved by Grian.

He was the best rustic house builder! Everyone loved it!

Until... until, he couldn't remember, people started caring less and less, Grian visited less and less. Then– then—

He was placed in a closet. No— placed wasn't the right word.

Locked. He was locked.

He was lonely, of course, but he wanted to be perfect. Perfect for Grian, his creator, his purpose.

So, the happy little NPC Grian was happy to be in the closet.

Until happy lost it's meaning.

Until feelings faded.

"I'll just wait a bit more"

__

But days became months, and months became years. Eventually, NPG had given up, and that brought him here, in front of Grumbot.

"Hello" NPG put on a smile, his metal shining. Grumbot was staring at him with uncertainty, but NPG didn't care, he just faced the robot, eyes sharp.

__

The two became..close.

NPG talked with Grumbot unlike how he talked to Grian. Not short responses on how far a task was done being completed, but full of emotion that he had lacked before.

Care

Care for someone that wasn't obligated, or expected. But care for someone he had chosen. Someone that needed healing as much as he did, but didn't even know it.

So he visited

And visited

Again and again.

The two became like brothers, and eventually NPG would visit Jrumbot as well, upon Grumbot's request, ever the generous being.

NPG knew there were secrets that he needed to keep from Grumbot, for their own sanity, but that was okay.

Because unlike Grian, he would care for the robot children like they were his own.

And he would be the best father he could be.

So as he hugged Grumbot (as well as he could), he whispered comforting words as he broke down.

And as Grumbot went into whatever the robot version of sleep is, he was happy. He was sure of it.