Blue Bells

It was a normal day and NPG was building in a private world as usual. He had recently gotten a helper for building, but they never seemed to be interested in rustic houses.

NPG had called them Grian. Grian looked a lot like NPG but there were some differences that allowed people to tell who was who.

On that day Grian had started acting stranger than normal. He wanted to only use different styles and things that weren't rustic houses while NPG only was wanting to build rustic. It was getting on NPG's nerves a little, and it wasn't pleasant hearing Grian continuously asking to build other things. NPG had to do something.

Why not throw him in a closet?

Grian had become a nuisance. Better to shut him up for good.

"Hey!" He called to Grian, getting his attention. "C'mere for a second."

Grian walked over to where NPG stood inside a room. A room containing nothing but a bed and a closet. A closet that couldn't be unlocked from the inside.

"What d'you need?" Grian asked cheerfully. He seemed a bit antsy, probably eager to get back to building. Him and his insufferable pathetic building styles. NPG grinned darkly.

"Step in front of this closet for me, won't you? I just need to test something."

Grian complied, walking in front of the door. "Ok...what now?"

"Now," NPG stepped forward. "You shut up and accept your fate." He pushed Grian backwards, and his alter stumbled, grabbing onto the doorframe to stop himself from tumbling in entirely.

"Ah- wh-!" Grian tried to escape, but NPG just continued to push him back. "Stop it! Let me ou-"

"You're not the one in control, Grian," NPG laughed cruelly. "I am."

With a harsh shove, Grian fell backwards into the closet. Before Grian could react, NPG had already shut the door in his face. Grian desperately turned the handle, banged against the door, but his efforts were useless.

The world itself seemed to spin, breath being taken from Grian's lungs in a heartbeat. He could imagine NPG as he frowned and clapped his hands together as if dusting them off. The two knew each other like the backs of their hands, Grian suspected he could map out an entire day of NPG's life in his mind. But now he had zero idea what NPG was thinking.

Grian heard the footsteps of his almost identical partner start to fade away, a pattering sound that was somewhat inconsistent. The yelp that pierced though the air couldn't be disguised by the closet door. The thumping sound of someone knocking into something.

'That's NPG. A klutz.'

If Grian had been out there with him, he would have made sure NPG was okay. Five minutes ago he had been sure that NPG would do the same for him.

'I just wanted to built something else, was it so wrong of me to try to be my own person?'

The air seemed to return to his lungs, but it was so sudden that he almost screamed. Black dots closed in on the edges of his vision- or were they black? He couldn't tell. They might have been blood red for all he knew.

'Why is this happening?'

Grian sat trapped in the closet, not knowing what to do. He was a builder and that's all he knew about. Being stuck in the closet didn't let him build. He couldn't do anything. Opening the door was useless, banging for help would also prove to be useless as this was a private world only he and NPG were on.

He thought the two would have been close. They did all their building together. It may have mostly been rustic houses but Grian was glad to be of service and a friend to NPG. He had just hoped that maybe, they could do a different style, something new that they could both work on for once.

NPG was long gone and Grian wasn't even sure if he was coming back. How long would he be stuck in here, did he even care about his helper anymore? Sure didn't seem like it if NPG did.

Grian was just trapped in a closet with nothing to do, no one to talk to, or any hope of getting out from what he could tell. His fate was sealed.