Pink Snowflakes

Words: Angst, brittle, trust, blanket

Grian flew around the Shopping District, amazed by it's beautiful architecture and the creativity that seemed embedded into everything that roamed the area. He ignores how the mycelium covered landscapes didn't actually look better– after all, everyone had known it from the start! It was about the principle!

He landed by the Barge, ducking under locked gateway that failed to block shoppers from his expanding business. He collected his profits, eyes sparkling in delight at the riches that filled his pockets.

He carefully exited the Victorian Era- inspired building. Admiring it's beauty from afar as he neared the Nether portal to leave the Cowmerical district.

He paused as he heard hushed whispers coming from above, soft footsteps indicating that this was a singe person- sneaking about where they shouldn't be. Grian's head popped over the railing, determined to spot who was entering the Mayoral building unattended to- or at least when they weren't supposed to be.

He saw white hair flash before his eyes before a loud gasp and the fluttering wings of an elytra taking off.

Grian watched the Hermit fly away, dropping a book with them. He was confused.

Why were they so startled-? Surely they had heard him, he wasn't exactly subtle.

He held the book in his hands, ready to open and reas whatever was inside when deft hands beat the blonde haired male to it.

"Scar! What are you doing here?" Grian chuckled nervously, so distracted by the retreating figure from before that he had forgotten about the Mayor's usual visits around this time.

"I work here?" Scar stared at the mother spore with a confusing look, "What brings you here?"

"Well, you see, I wanted to upgrade the barge, so I came over to the shopping district." Grian replied, talking in excitement, "What's that in your hand?"

"Oh, yes, about this," The mayor thought of a little bit before talking, "you see, there was always a spy on your side, giving me information, because it's almost the end of the war, I guess it won't hurt to reveal this bit of information."

"W-what?" Grian stared into the emerald green eyes, "a spy? For real?"

"For real, look at this, I thought you already knew, but it seems like you were clueless all along" Scar walked into his office and pulled out a bunch of books, he opened them and showed Grian the inside of all the notebooks, neat handwriting was all over the pages, possibly spilling the most important secret, but who will do this? Who has done this? Grian was sure that his teammates were loyal. But this.

Made him doubt everyone. He had no time to read the things, but he needed to know who this spy was.

Then, the builder remembered the white hair.

The white haired person who dropped the book.

The white haired person who was a spy.

The white haired male named Etho.

How could Etho betray them-? He had been there since the beginning! Had set up a meeting system for them! Had collected so much mycelium!

Grian felt tears prick at his eyes as he grasped a rocket in his hand, ignoring Scar's shouts of protest as he ripped the book from his hands and flew away.

He landed in the Mycelium Resistance HQ, on the verge of sobbing as he slammed the button in the center down, hoping the others had had enough time to reset their enderpearls from the last meeting.

His hope diminished as he was teleported and saw no one else arrive, until a sudden thump was heard beside him.

He looked next to him, and saw none other than Etho beside him, eyes wide as his gaze landed on the book in Grian's hands.

"I can explain! I promise, Just give me a chan-" He rushed the words out, sentences mixing together as he panicked. This had not been his plan, no one was meant to know-

"No! You've done enough! You probably told them where the old base was! Did this mean nothing to you! I know we didn't have a strong cause- but was our friendship not enough-" Etho cut him off.

"No! It was never like that! I was just a greedy man who wanted diamonds more than friendship!" He yelled as he pulled his friend to look at him. "I promise you Grian, I would never betray this group- it's given me the fondest memories I could ever wish for."

"How can I trust you?" The blonde whispered.

"You can't but- please just believe me."