part 5: 八

Soobin woke up to lumps of bodies tucked under blankets all around him, like a massive sleepover gone wrong. Cups of booze and mystery drinks were still lying around, and stains and crumbs were littered across the ground. He scrunched up his nose as he got up and wandered down the hallway. He spotted Kai at once, who looked him up and down and grimaced, "Man, you look terrible." Soobin could hardly manage a retort, the bitter taste of alcohol still lingering in his mouth. His eyes fell to the clock, which proudly displayed the time: noon. "What happened yesterday?" Soobin groaned, his head started to ache. Humming absently, Kai dramatically threw out, "You confessed your love to Jisu."

That made the older boy freeze. "I did what?" Waving his hand easily, Kai simply commented, "Man, you have a terrible alcohol tolerance. Anyways, she said that if you really mean it, tell it to her when again you're sober and she may consider."

Soobin felt as though he was punched in the gut.

"Her flight is leaving in thirty minutes," Kai helpfully added, barely managing to finish before Soobin had bolted out of the door.

"Does he know that he's literally not in a great state to...I don't know, profess his love?" Yuna asked as she raised an eyebrow from behind the kitchen counter. "He didn't even say hi," Beomgyu grumbled, "or see me for that matter."

-

Soobin honestly didn't know what came over him. He just felt like he had to do it, it was now or never. The airport, thankfully, was a short distance from Ryujin's house, since she lived in the district around that area. But it didn't stop him from looking like a madman, with hair messily tousled and his face red and breathless.

Jisu, surprisingly, had not entered the gates towards the departing lounge, instead queuing before a convenience store.

In a quick attempt to compose himself, Soobin realised how awkward this was if people were watching, but nevertheless, he plucked up his courage and went up to the girl.

Jisu looked startled that he had come, but once the shock wore off she smiled that gentle, lovely smile. "You look terrible," Jisu laughed delicately, and then she stopped, waiting for him to say what he needed to say."

It was a lot harder to say without the liquid courage down his throat. But he decided that he wanted to say it without any aid of alcohol.

Then the words just poured out.

"I like you, and I have liked you for quite some time. I'm grateful for all the time you spent with me, and just wanted to know if you would go out-"

He stopped abruptly when Jisu tip-toed to place a feather-light kiss on his cheek. "Yes," Jisu said, her eyes sparkling and thrilled, "I would love to go out with you."

Relief came crashing down on Soobin, and he finally managed to laugh, all the tension and the headache (from the alcohol) seemed to just melt away.

"This is so funny, though," Jisu giggled, "We're just talking in a queue with so many people listening."

Soobin just shook his head with a smile, "It's fine."

And this was the story of a game of truth or dare.