Chapter 32: Getting ready

Kariba returned home. Since Teresa had disappeared, the blonde didn't know if her friend was still locked up in Eden. Although they agreed to release her, she had not seen her again, her home was empty, and there were no messages or anything that could give her a clue. Her mothers knew that Teresa was taken to Eden, but they didn't know why. They filled Kariba with questions about whether Teresa wanted to have a daughter now, that it was too early, and other things.

Upon entering, she found Diana sitting on her couch.

"Can I help you?"

The brunette girl smiled falsely.

***

Olga ensured her males got a good load of food; women mentioned the magnetic competition again on the news.

"It is raining like never before out there, so if the water enters, you will have to come up to one of the rooms here," Olga commented to Teresa and Adrian.

"How is it going to get in?" Teresa questioned without believing it.

"Hey. I don't like all technology, okay? The water may end up leaking somewhere."

"Teresa?" they heard a familiar voice and turned to see the screen again. The newscaster was interviewing Kariba. "Yes, she is my friend, but there was a little problem."

"Do you think she will attend the competition?"

"I hope so. I want to see her and reconcile with her."

"Reconcile?" the gossiping woman wanted to know.

"It has to do with Eden, and I don't want to cause her any more problems. I just want to see her and know that she is safe."

"I have heard rumors. They say that in Eden, they could be hiding a mutant male. Have you heard about that?"

"No. But there will be a change of leader due to a mistake that the previous one made."

Exclamations were heard from the public.

"So we will have a new leader, possibly. I see. Did you hear that, spectators? No mutant males, just a change of command. And of course, let's remember the incidents that occurred, floaters bouncing and males in the city." When watching recordings of these events, the public laughed. The woman looked back at Kariba, feigning understanding and pity. "Don't be sad. Your friend will come. She knows we all want to see her. She is a star."

"I doubt it. She is afraid that the leader will want to catch her again."

"Don't worry, the event is seen nationwide and has good security. We don't want scandals, and the women of Eden know it better than anyone. So you know, Teresa, your friend, and the magnetic games are waiting for you."

The show ended, and the next show was announced. Adrian raised an eyebrow.

"Are they crazy?" he denied, turning to see the black-haired girl. "Do they really think you'll fall for that?"

"I will go."

"What?!"

"Yes, I will go. If they change the leader, Carla cannot give orders to her drones..."

"Do you know that everything can be a lie?"

"And it is a public place, in addition to being passed on a national channel. They are right in saying that Eden does not like scandals."

"Teresa..."

"I am going to show them that I am not afraid."

"Tesa, Tesa," Adrian took her by the shoulders, "listen to yourself. You don't have to prove anything to them. You will be exposing yourself if you go."