Chapter 6: Let's be friends

After spending time showering and getting ready, Teresa fixed her face in front of the mirror. This object had done her makeup with its special devices. Long eyelashes didn't work, so she chose eyeliner, lights, and shadows. Since she was still on time, she planned to draw or check her social networks, although nothing was remarkable.

Sometimes Teresa wondered if the other women did more stuff or just lived in front of the screens, sharing frivolous conversations and gossip of all kinds. They usually pushed her away because she didn't follow trends or wear high heels and exaggerated makeup.

Then, the girl remembered she hadn't asked Adrian if he had found the song he had played. She also didn't ask about the CD playing when she arrived home, but she shouldn't forget that she was mad at him. What was going on in her head? 

Teresa wanted to stop thinking about the young chestnut-haired man and lay down for a while in her bed.

Her drone came inside, lighting and being followed by Adrian, who caught it.

"Hey!" Teresa claimed. "I have a call. Leave it!"

The young man held it.

"It makes me curious..."

'Who was curious about a simple device like that?' Teresa wondered as she stood up angrily to walk towards him, making him smile and marking the dimples on his cheeks. The girl put aside that detail that was beginning to seem attractive to her and wanted to get the device from him, but he raised it, making it impossible to reach it because of his height.

"Give it to me!" She jumped.

He took a quick step back.

"No."

"This is important!" Teresa threw herself against him, but he was faster as much as she jumped.

The young woman hung on from his right arm, holding the other on his left shoulder. They looked at each other in a challenging way, frowning, and, unintentionally, the drone took the call.

"Teresa!" the blonde girl exclaimed. "How did it go?!"

However, Kariba could only see the ceiling. The drone turned its camera to show them fighting for the device and Teresa hanging on the man as if she weighed nothing. The girl blushed and stepped down, feeling her heartbeat to a thousand, having been so close to him.

To make things worse, he was like a tree she had not been able to knock down. What was he made of?

The girl snorted and headed to her bed. Adrian released the drone, surprised by the hologram with the confused Kariba's face.

The device went to Teresa, and he followed it, sitting beside her, surprising her as well. Teresa tried to push him away, feeling strange as it happened when he got too close. She had had enough of him and his scent that apparently would never leave even after a thousand showers.

"Get out of my bed," she grumbled.

"I want to see."

"No, let me talk. Get lost!" the girl yelled finally, frustrated by her body's reactions.

The young man stared at her, taking her breath away for a second.

"Fine. I'm out. I won't bother you anymore," he replied, annoyed, and slammed out of the room.

Teresa felt a pain in her chest as if she hadn't liked to make him angry. Had she offended him? Had she hurt him?

"Wow," said the blonde. "Whatever. Tell me how it went!"

The dark-haired girl sighed in resignation, but the discomfort didn't go away.

"I will be in some search and order team." Kariba celebrated but noticed the cotton her friend had on her chin. "Yes. I got a good punch, but as you can see, only this little wound is left."