Chapter 11: A stressful situation

Teresa entered the house and got surprised when see Kariba on the sofa next to Adrian, watching something on the wall screen. Her stomach got upset, but she wasn't hungry at all. DOPy approached. She signed her arrival and went to the kitchen to get something to eat.

While walking, Teresa looked at them. Another time she would have been glad her friend was there, but just then, she wasn't.

The blonde's drone quickly scanned Adrian's body, making him confused.

"I'll make you some clothes," Kariba commented. "It seems that Teresa only grabbed the first thing she saw. You don't look bad, but on the museum website that I checked, I could see clothes that men wore when they existed."

"Really? Wow, thank you, although it will be weird for you to spend time on me."

"Bring your food here," Kariba asked Teresa, ignoring him. "And let's watch TV together. Make some popcorn."

The dark-haired girl nodded, annoyed, but tried to hide it because she couldn't find any reason to feel like that. Her mom was designing new haircuts and practicing with the interactive hologram in her office. She waved at Teresa from a distance and returned to her own.

"You even smell different," Teresa heard Kariba muttering.

The girl took a deep breath while waiting for her food to come out.

"Tesa said something like that also."

"Really? Can I smell you?" the blonde questioned almost in a whisper, evidencing being closer to him.

Teresa wondered if they had been alone the entire time she was outside. She took out the food and the popcorn and went to the living room. Then, she sat down on the other sofa, watching Kariba laugh silently, pulling away after sniffing her man by the neck.

"Why there?" Adrian spoke, looking at Teresa. "Come here." He patted the cushion next to him.

More by his side than Kariba was, which made her strangely happy.

"No. I don't want to interrupt," she refuted, however.

"Did something happen to you on your mission?" asked her friend with concern as she just realized her strange voice tone.

"No, no, nothing." Teresa ate popcorn.

"So? Period?"

Teresa almost choked with the food.

"No, it's not," she clarified, blushing. "How do you say that in front of him?"

"It's okay," Adrian calmed her down. "She told me it comes every two months, which is surprising. Before, it was once a month."

"Wow, really? What a nightmare."

"I guess since there are fewer men, your body seeks more fertility time."

"Maybe," Kariba intervened. "Although, many women removed or are born without the uterus. Like me, but Teresa is a rebel."

"Why?"

The dark-haired girl sighed.

"I was incubated in my mom's; I could also have my baby like that."

"Oh. How sweet."

Teresa smiled.

"Thank you... It's weird to talk about this with you," she laughed nervously.

"Don't worry. I was kinda beginning studying medicine before entering the capsule. I know certain things. Although, I'm also interested in mechatronics," he added, looking at DOPy floating around and playfully chasing the other drone. "It was going to be my second career."