Chapter 37: Those who can kill should be killed

A kiss on the lips made him wake up. Adrian smiled when he saw his happy Teresa, with that blush on her freckled cheeks. He held her tightly, dispelling the horrible sense of emptiness and loneliness that had suffocated him during the night.

"Tesa. I thought I lost you," he whispered.

He heard her soft laugh.

"Have you dreamed of me?"

He wanted to breathe in her scent, but other noises similar to buzzing slipped into his ears. He tried to keep the girl with him, but it became more and more unreal. Little by little, the sound became more insistent, slipping until it was total.

Adrian opened his eyes, blinking slowly, confused, feeling the tightness in his chest return, devouring more of his soul, killing him.

Cold. Attempts from his stomach to remind him that he was hungry and, at the same time, unable to receive even a bite of food. It had been just a damn dream; Teresa was no longer at his side.

The drone watched him closely, emitting its characteristic buzzing sounds. He didn't know what time it was; he didn't know when Carla would decide to finish him once and for all. On the other hand, if Olga dared to go after him again, he wouldn't follow her either. He would not follow anyone if he somehow saved himself from death again.

"Drink water," indicated the device. "If you don't want to suffer excessively when the chemical is injected into your body."

He looked up at the glass table where he had left his uneaten food. He grabbed it and stayed looking at it.

Carla watched the boy in the cell through her screen. She smirked when she saw him drink the water. FILy approached her and showed some images that filled her with joy. She had won. She was getting away with it. She was going to have him after all.

"Do you want to buy yourself a little time with him?" Carla asked Diana.

The girl, who was nodding from sleep, became alert.

"Of course."

They went to the young man's cell.

"You watch the entrance, wait for me to tell you that it is your turn, and you will stop bothering me." The woman pointed her finger at her to threaten. "If you fail, you forget about being with him or even continuing working here."

The brunette made no questions or claims. Carla entered with FILy, the other drone withdrew, the door closed, and the windows frosted, preventing Diana from seeing. 

Adrian frowned.

"Does this place look familiar?" the woman asked with her violet eyes shining with mischief. FILy projected the entrance to the refuge in the mountain where they had been hiding. His change of expression pleased her. "I knew it."

He stood up angrily.

"Leave her alone."

"How satisfying it has been to see that I still have a way to achieve what I want. Clara doesn't even know that my drones are watching her. After a simple order, they could finish everything. Do you want that?"

Adrian denied it with concern. Not another death for his cause.

"They should never have known me," he lamented angrily.

Clara didn't know everything that was happening. What would he say if he got out of there alive to her? He wouldn't show before her anymore out of shame.

"However, I have not come to make any deals. Now I will only teach you a lesson. Let's see if you keep making yourself beg." FILy started to sparkle. "You know that if you try something, my drone has different voltages."