Chapter 28: Running non-stop

Olga welcomed Helios and placed it on the desk's glass surface, downloading what it had recorded. She smirked. There were recent shots from not long ago—pictures from when the black-haired girl had taken the boy out of those ruins. Teresa's house windows didn't allow it to see from the outside in. Therefore Olga had to wait for them to come out and so on.

The woman raised her eyebrows at the sight of them kissing. Before, the drone had not captured something like that. She never believed she would see a man, much less see him kiss a girl. She swallowed; somehow, it bothered her. The males didn't kiss, they were more basic, and the woman could feel the unconditional devotion of that man towards the girl only with that soft but intense kiss.

"Excellent, Helios. But please, if you detect mating initiation, don't record them, okay?"

She continued her research.

"Continue with shots," said the drone.

"Wait," Olga stopped seeing something on her screen. "It will be good if you cut this computer's communication. The information remains on the other."

Teresa blinked drowsily. She had perhaps fallen asleep for a few minutes after enjoying that endless kiss, in which they experimented and played with even more types of kisses, and that if she didn't stop, he, as always, didn't seem like he was going to do it. The girl never stopped to think about anything that had to do with men, at least not in a profound way. Although she didn't generalize, she knew that Adrian was unrepeatable, like all the other men. After all, they all were humans. Unfortunately, the world was out of control.

Teresa looked up; he was sleeping too. She smiled until her eyes caught something else behind the log: an oval figure with a dim red light in the darkness. Her breathing began to accelerate, filling with fear.

She gave Adrian a gentle shake, who opened his eyes and tightened his grip as he saw another Eden drone in front of them.

"Easy," he whispered. "You are going to go down and run..."

She denied, clinging to him.

The drone unfolded a pair of magnetic bracelets from its underside and released a few electrical sparks. It launched them, and Adrian threw himself off the branch with Teresa, making her cry. They fell almost to their knees and ran inside the house. DOPy came out to meet the machine, firing its laser.

Olga also came out and shot one with an electroshock weapon that disabled it.

"Follow Helios!" But the woman worried when she saw more drones, many more than the two that her system barely detected.

They all fired, making them run.

"Mom!" Teresa called her.

"I sent her down the tunnel!" Olga answered.

"What?!" A bracelet caught her ankle, and she screamed, falling and being carried away by the magnetism.

"Tesa!" exclaimed Adrian, pulling her. 

He ducked, dodging another. DOPy fired at the drone that was dragging Teresa. The foe device turned to launch itself at it but was hit by Olga's electric shock shot.

The remaining four devices couldn't afford to waste bracelets. FILy took the lead in pursuit and began to spark with a voltage described as dangerous to use in its system.

Another drone came forward and again pulled Teresa's bracelet with its strong magnetism. Adrian held her it but was also dragged. Olga tried to stop them. The other drones prepared their armbands, but DOPy deactivated its owner's with its electricity and shot out, ramming the drone that was pulling Teresa and sending it several feet away.