Chapter 10: Discovering

Teresa had locked herself in her room. Sitting on her bed, she checked her social networks to pass the time, seeing how they all posted their successes and others flattered them when she knew that the vast majority of that was fake. For her part, she had only posted her entry to PW and nothing else after, without receiving much feedback. 

Now, to make things worse, her friend wanted to take her only companion, the one that made her want to go home soon and distracted her from what bothered her.

The girl closed everything and took out a drafting sheet. The door opened, letting come in the man who was beginning to make her feel confused in different and new ways.

"Your things are downstairs," she murmured, looking away and hugging her knees.

"I'm not going to leave. Why are you sad now?"

That took her by surprise.

"Uh, nothing. What about Kariba?"

"She left. Did she come just to take me?"

"Maybe. She was curious, and she wanted to see... Uh, see some stuff."

"Some stuff, huh?" He crossed his arms. "And...?"

"No, I'm not curious," Teresa babbled.

"I was going to ask again why you are sad," he insisted and ended up smiling sideways. "But I guess thanks for the answer."

Teresa tightened her lips, played with her fingers, and closed her eyes tightly.

"Well, you make me curious also!" She snorted. "Okay, I said it."

Adrian let out his low, manly laugh, which made her stomach tingle. 

He cleared his throat. "What would you like to know?" he questioned, approaching.

A closeness that she felt dangerous up to a point, not because she was afraid, but because his gaze threatened in another way, a tempting threat.

"Don't you want me to tell you why I'm sad? It's just that I've always felt unsuccessful. I never excelled among the others for not being attractive. They even criticized me for how I dressed, all simple, without high heels or so much makeup, that's why they said I didn't have girlfriends, only one, and they looked at me badly," she said hastily, being a victim of nerves.

Adrian blinked in surprise.

"Wow, girlfriends?" he mused in a low voice. "It's logical since there are no men..."

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing, just thinking. So, you've had a girlfriend."

"Something like that."

"And how are your relationships?"

"What kind of question is that? I imagine it's like any normal relationship since old times." She saw him smile, and another bug of curiosity stung her. "How was a man-woman relationship?"

"I won't tell you until you tell me what you want to know about me."

"Ugh." Teresa stood up. "I don't know what your body is like, which intrigues me."

"But you've seen me before..."

"I want to see in detail," she insisted, planting herself there, although she didn't want to be intimidated by the blush barely bothering her cheeks.

He raised one of his dark eyebrows and smirked again.

"All right."

He grabbed the bottom edge of the shirt and lifted it, shooting the pulse of the black-haired girl who opened her eyes wide, bringing the index finger's nail to her teeth. He took off the garment and dropped it onto the mattress, looking at the girl who was blushing more than a while ago.