surprise? (Kenma's POV)

this is it. i sigh as i bring the last box into kuroo's house, where i'm now staying. it feels so weird. that now this'll be my home. i set the box down upstairs and sit down on kuroo's bed. i think back to what had happened earlier.

flashback to a couple hours prior:
{ "mom, i'm moving in with kuroo. then you don't need a job to house two people! youd only need a small job to take care of yourself. and i'll be right next door if you need anything. it's the best thing for us". tears streamed down her eyes. she couldn't even look at me as i packed up my things. she didn't say anything, she just watched me go. i know how much it hurt her }

/flashback over/

i knew it hurt her so bad but we didn't have another choice. i can't leave my team, and kuro, and as much as i hate to say it, that annoying russian tower. "what's on your mind ken", the older male says, interrupting my thoughts by sitting next to me on the bed. before i even have time to answer, he puts a hand on my thigh. my face goes hot and i look directly at him. "i understand that it's weird for you. but it'll be alright". i look back down as he moves his hand further up my thigh, then removes it. i shiver at his touch.

i awkwardly stare at the wall, not knowing what to say. he sees this and joins back in to make me feel more comfortable. "hey, she's just one house away. you can go see her whenever you want. everything's gonna be fine". i look up at him, and he puts a hand on my knee. "oh that reminds me, i have a surprise for you. something that i'm sure will make you feel better". i open my mouth to ask what it is, but he stops me. "unpack first".

bossy. i stand up and stretch a bit before opening the rest of my things and unpacking them in kuro's room. i didn't take much, i took the least amount i could so i wouldn't take up to much space and have it be crowded. after i finally empty the last box of my things, i pull out my switch and lay down on my bed. i can hear kuroo in the other room on the phone with someone, very faintly. who could that be? eh i don't care actually. i go back to focusing on my game, and i play for about an hour before kuro came barging into the room.

"let's go!" he says enthusiastically. i look up at him confused, and set down my switch. but before giving me the chance to say a word, he grabs my hand, pulling me out of his room. "don't worry ken you'll love it". he drags me down the stairs and out the door of his house. as he pulls me down the road, i pull back, stopping him from walking. "Kuro literally what are you doing?" i snap at him. he just smiles and puts a hand on my cheek. "aw you look so cute when you're mad". at this i kick him in the shin. "don't call me cute!", i say, my face going red. "you know how much i hate that!" i growl at him.

"i forget how feisty you are sometimes kenma", he says, still smiling, before dragging me down the road again. i roll my eyes and follow, as he takes me down multiple different random roads. where are we going? what is even happening. finally, we stop at a random corner store. kuro turns around to look at me and smiles. he places his hands on my shoulders and spins me around, so that my back is to him. he sets his hands over my eyes so that i can't see.

what in the hell is happening? i grab at his hands to remove them from my eyes, but he interrupts me. "kenma it's your surprise! don't worry. you'll be happy", he says calmly, soothing me. what kind of surprise is outside of a random corner store? we stay like this for about 2 minutes until he finally says something. "okay! ready! 3. 2...... 1!", he says before finally taking his hands off my eyes allowing me to see. my eyes light up as i see my surprise.