moving? (Kenma's POV)

after a long night of playing video games with lev, my phone lights up with a text. i reach over to grab my phone. "hey kitten, wanna meet up at the park today :)". i smile at the text from kuroo. i give a quick reply and head out the door. lev is still sleeping on the couch. i write a quick note saying "i have to head out now. see you later - kenma" and tape it to his forehead. (because i'm a nice person and wouldn't wanna just randomly leave).

i walk down a couple of blocks until i'm back at my house. my mom is waiting for me at the door. she's back sooner than i expected. i greet her in the porch. "your back early", i say, out of breath from the butterflies that are still in my stomach from kuroo's text. she hugs me. "you seem happier than usual" she smiles. "kuroo stopped by about an hour ago, what's going on with you guys?". did he tell her? i really didn't wanna let her in on us dating yet.

"uhh we made up. we're back friends again" i lied to her. the last time she was here before she left i was still avoiding him. "but why are you back so early?" i continued. she looked at me and frowned and i could tell something happened at work. "i lost my job. they had to cut some people and i guess i was one of them" she looked at me with glassy eyes. i hugged her again.

this is the 4th job she's lost in the past year. "i've already started looking for a new job. but the one i've found would require us to move" she said shakily. "i know it isn't convenient, and i'm sorry but i just don't have any other options".  my heart broke at her words. the one time i finally had something she was telling me to let it go? i pulled away.

"we cant. i'll find a way. ill find a way for us to stay". she went to say something but i turned around and walked down the porch shaking my head. i'll find a way. i promise. i'm promising my mom. i'm promising my team, and im promising kuroo. i'll figure it out. i continued walking with my head down until i reached the park where me and kuro were supposed to meet later. i grabbed my phone out.

"hi kuroo. can we meet now, i'm actually at the park now". he replied immediately with a short "yea of course. i'm on my way!" and i sat down on a bench to wait. after about 15 minutes i felt two hands on my shoulders.

"hey kitten!" he smiled at me. he could clearly see the deep thoughts i was in. "what're you thinking about ken?" he said curiously as he sat down next to me. i moved a little bit further from him on the bench so i could look at him. "it's my mom. she got fired from her job".

he looked at me seriously. "again? what are you guys gonna do now?". i explained the situation and how she said we might have to move, and he grabbed my hand. "you can't move!" he whined throwing his head back.

"i'm not gonna let it happen. i'm gonna find a way that we can stay here". kuroo looked at me again. "how are you gonna manage that?".

i thought for a second, because i didn't really know. "im gonna try to find her a job or something. or maybe i'll find a job for myself". i list of ideas as he glances in my eyes patiently.

"i have an idea" he says placing a hand on my knee. "what if you move in with me? my parents wouldn't care. and then you're mom wouldn't have to worry about two people. she could find a small job that just supports herself?"