sneaky (Kenma's POV)

today's the day. today's the day me and shoyo are gonna eavesdrop on kuroo and emica. it sounds so wrong in my head, but i'm still gonna go through with it.

me and shoyo sit eating breakfast at the kitchen table when kuroo walks down. he smiles when he sees us. "i'm going to meet emica now! i shouldn't be long", he smiles before waving himself off. as the door clicks shut behind him, i look to shoyo, who begins picking up his bowl of cereal to put in the sink. "we should wait maybe 5 minutes, and then follow", he says while putting on a sweatshirt. i nod my head, starting to put on my shoes.

"shoyo, do you think it's anything bad?", i say in my low monotone voice. he runs behind me to hug me tight, and i squirm at the contact. "hmmm. probably not. i don't think kuroo would, but i don't know emica", he says cheerfully. i wait by the door nervously fidgeting with my sleeves as i wait for shoyo. eventually he gives me a nod and we walk out the door quietly, following kuroo's path to the park.

i kick the gravel below me and put my hands in my hoodie pocket. "shoyo it feels like we're about to murder someone", i say slowly. he laughs, his eyes squinting as he smiles. "we're just going to the park! if anything, we just were bored and wanted to go walk in the park!". i feel a little better with his words, but it still feels wrong.

"i guess your right. what could she even wanna talk to him about tho?". i feel my chest tighten at the thought of it being something bad. "i'm not sure, but i'm curious. so let's hurry up!", he says skipping forward at a faster pace. i speed walk to try and keep up. eventually we make it to the opening of the park. i spot the pair on a bench, and me and shoyo sneakily walk to a nearby bench that's behind them and a bit to the right, across the path.

we kneel down quietly behind it, preparing for whatever is happening. i watch as they're sitting unusually close, to eachother. i scrunch my face up in disgust at the thought that he could possibly be cheating. hinata places a hand on my shoulder as we listen to the scene infront of us:

——————-

"emica, is everything okay?". i watch kuroo lightly place a hand on her arm and it makes me cringe at the sight.

"actually, i came here to talk about you". kuroo let's out a small sigh.

"kuroo are you gay?"

"nope"

——————-

i go red at the words. yes, i know i said i didn't want many people to know yet, but i wanted her to know. mostly because i was jealous. not jealous of her, but jealous of them. i didn't want him to leave me for her.

——————-

"kuroo, i saw you and kenma at the park the other day. are you guys.. dating? or something?".

"oh. yep". the words slip from his mouth so casually, and shoyo rubs his hand on my shoulder, smiling at me. "see. everything's going good!", he whispers to me.

"but your not gay...?"

kuroo shrugs and smirks at her. "nope". emica shakes her head, confused at the situation.

"but that makes you gay..", she says, trying to clear up the situation.

"na, i'm not gay. i just like kenma"

——————-

my face goes completely red, painted with a blush, and i look down to hide my face.

——————-

"you're acting as if liking kenma is a sexuality". emica raises an eyebrow, and watches as kuroo leans forward, placing his hands on his knees. he shrugs again, looking forward and smiling.

"it is to me"

——————-

after this id heard all i needed to hear. i turn to shoyo, grabbing his wrist and nodding. he returns the nod and we slowly crawl away and back onto the path. i glance back once to see that they're still talking, but this time, i'm not jealous. i smile, looking back ahead, because i know that everything's alright.

"see kenma! wasn't that worth being a little sneaky! to see how much he really does care about you!". i blush, and look over to shoyo who has his arms spread out and is looking to the sky. "i guess so. i would've been all worked up if i never went". shoyo puts his arm out, attempting to put his elbow on my shoulder, but fails due to his height. i smile at my thoughts. maybe everything is gonna be okay.