"why do i feel like this?"

today's the day Kuroo is asking out that girl. i really hope it goes well for him. he's my best friend. Ken is awake long before Kuroo, who's still asleep in the blond boys bed. Ken gets up to get dressed and brush his teeth. he stumbles over a pile of books on his messy floor.

school textbooks. that reminds me i really should start on that english project sometime soon.

He quietly travels down the stairs to make breakfast for when his 3rd year companion wakes up. He takes out box pancake mix and adds water. he continues to cook them.

today's kinda a big day for Kuroo. i bet he's nervous. he's never really talked to girls. if it were me i would probably chicken out. i have no experience with girls at all.

Ken finishes the pancakes, and makes his way upstairs to bring them to Kuroo. as he approaches the room, he sees his sleepy dark hair friend, with his eyes closed still dozed off in his bed. Kenma takes a step closer and sits on the bed beside him, with the plate in his hand.

he looks so peaceful. but his hair is covering his face. Kenma studied his face for a few moments, before gently brushing Kuroo's hair out of his face. at this, Kuroo opens his eyes to look at Kenma, who turns his head away quickly and blushes.

why did i do that. Ken pushes the plate toward his friend. "uhh- i made pancakes. since today's a big day for you".

"thanks Kenma!". Kuroo sits up and takes the plate. "i'm kinda nervous for today, you know. yea, i have no trouble getting girls, but i've never actually talked to them because i usually focus on volleyball"

Kenma smirks at his cockiness. "yea well i think everything will go just fine"

the two finish off eating and Kuroo heads out for his mission. his mission to ask her out. Kenma stares blankly out his window, running his hands down the curtains, as his friend walks down the sidewalk.

3:30 pm saturday at Nekoma high school

Kuroo walks briskly towards the gymnasium where the nekoma high girls volleyball team is practicing. he pulls on his shorts nervously.

it's almost time. they're about to get out of practice. and that's when i make my move. i didn't tell Ken exactly who i'm asking out, but i'm sure he'll be okay with it.

a loud whistle blows in the gymnasium. the girls pile out of the doors. some start heading home, and others stay and chat with each other. Kuroo looks around eagerly but nervously for the girl he's been waiting for. that's when he spots her.

emica. a second year. we're pretty close, and her and kenma are pretty familiar with eachother. she's talking to some second year girl.

before he has the chance to approach her, he's stopped by Tora.

what's yamamoto doing here?

"hey buddy!!" tora says slapping him on the back.

"uhh hey Tora", Kuroo says trying to dodge him and walk around him. i really don't wanna diss him like this but i don't want emica to head home.

yamamoto continued talking for what seemed like hours. "what are you doing here on a saturday anyway? we don't have practice today"

i could ask him the same thing. "i'm here to talk to someone. emica actually"

yamamoto looks surprised. "i came here to watch the girls practice. what's you're deal with talking to emica?"

some of these 2nd years are so nosy. especially tora. he thinks he can do anything since he's the ace.

"just talking. what's you're deal with asking so many questions?"

yamamotos face goes red. he scrambles to playfully tackle kuroo.

this kid is crazy hyper right now. but emica is gonna leave soon and i have to talk to her. "tora i really have to go now. we can hang out tomorrow or something? me you and kenma?"

"sure thing buddy!" tora said eagerly slapping him on the back again.

finally. i can talk to emica

He approaches her, who has her back to him and is talking to the second year girl. he touched his hands together, nervously. Emica turns around as the other girl walks away. she's a little startled to see Kuroo as she wasn't expecting him.

"oh. hi kuro!"

he looks up from the floor and blushes. the two make small talk for a couple of minutes before he asks the question.

kuroo puts his hands on her shoulders, getting ready to ask the big question. he's bracing himself. "emica. i'm gonna cut straight to the point, because im not really good at this stuff. basically, i'm asking you out". that definetly did not go well. i didn't word that well at all

Kuroo looks everywhere around her. he can't even look her in the eye right now as he waits for her to answer.

"kuro". she looks at him excitedly, "i'd like that"

he lets out a sigh of relief, and the two of them continue to chat and laugh as he walks her home.

6 pm

Kuroo swings open the door to Kenma's room.

"Kuro! i didn't know you were coming". he did it. i should probably ask him how things went. why does it feel so hard to ask him. ken finally works up the nerve to talk. " so. how did things go today?"

i can tell by the way he's smiling that things went well. but i still had to ask. kuroo jumped onto the blond boys bed and rolled on his back.

"it went great! she said yes! then i walked her home after"

my chest felt tight and on fire. my expression must have showed it because kuro asked :

"why's you're face so red like that?" he smirked and giggled softly, hitting me in the arm. "jealous that you don't have a girlfriend?"

i didn't know what i was. maybe i was jealous that he had a girlfriend and i didn't. or maybe i thought i'd lose my best friend to her. i didn't know.

"that's great kuro". the words barely escaped his lips. kenma stared at his hands. kuroo put his hand under Ken's chin and lifted his head to look him in the eyes.

"i know this is weird for you Ken. but i'm not gonna change. i'm not going anywhere". kenma is acting so strange. i didn't think he'd take it this hard. all i did was get a girlfriend.

"anyways, kenma" he said, standing up and stretching out his arms, "she has a practice match tomorrow, would you wanna come with me to watch ?"

she's on the volleyball team? i'm guessing emica. they're really close friends. Blondie struggles to open his mouth.

"yea sounds fun". i couldn't say anything more. my body physically wouldn't allow me to say any more than that. even if i wanted too.

the rest of the night went by quick. Kenma played his switch silently, not being able to work up the courage and say anything. Kuroo left ken's house at around 8:30 pm.

after Kuroo left, the blond went into his bathroom and looked into the mirror at himself. he immediately felt himself fill with anger.

what is wrong with me? why do i feel like this.

with anger and confusion he stormed back into his room. he threw himself onto his bed. he couldn't fall asleep. he was up until 5:30 am on his switch until he finally crashed.