practice match (Kuroo's pov)

emica's practice match just ended. after celebrating with my friends who came with me to support her, i break from them to go find her. she's celebrating by the court with her teammates.

as i make my way to her, i can see some of her friends point at me and call out to emica. she turns around just as i find myself standing infront of her.

"emica! you and you're team did amazing! i'm so proud of you guys!". she looks joyful. she hugs me and thanks me for coming. she chats eagerly nonstop about how happy she is with how her team played. she's talking so fast i can barely tell what she's saying. but i love the sound of her voice.

while she's rambling on and on about god knows what, i grab both of her arms and i lean in and kiss her. did i really just do this. wow. after we part, she steps back looking shocked. did i make the wrong move? should i not have done that?

she smiles and kisses me again. i'm happy as ever, but then something catches my eye. i look over emica's shoulder to see kenma crying running out of the gym. Emica sees the expression on my face and looks concerned.

"KENMA" i call out. but he can't hear me. he never cries. not even infront of me. let alone infront of this many people.

"i'm sorry emica i need to go. i'll see you later at our practice match". she nods her head. i run over to approach Tora and Lev, who also saw the situation with kenma. "what did you guys say to kenma?". something must be really wrong. they have to know they were right here with him.

"we didn't say anything. we were talking about our upcoming practice match against karasuno" lev says. tora joins in. "he was in the middle of a sentence and then he just froze. he looked hurt. before we had the chance to say anything he ran".

i could tell they were telling the truth. they both looked helpless and concerned for their friend and teammate.

sure kenma is quite, but this is completely unlike him. i've never seen anything like this. he's been acting weird since yesterday. what's going on with him.

without even acknowledging lev or tora i run out the door, hoping to catch up with him. i'm not even sure where he's going. probably home. but i cant know for sure.

i can hear Tora call out to me, "where are you going man?", but i ignore it and keep running.

i sprint hoping to catch up, but i don't. he's fast when he wants to be. after 15 minutes i arrive at his house. i don't even have to step on the porch to hear him sobbing from inside.

i can hear his mom inside say "it's okay Kenma. i'm not mad. i love you either way". what could that be about. my heart drops. it's pumping. i've never felt this feeling in my life. something is wrong with my best friend.

i can just barely hear the conversation inside. i try my hardest to make out what he's saying. "i want the feelings to stop mom" Kenma cries. "i love him, mom. and he likes someone else. i've never felt like this for someone. i'm in love". kenma sobs uncontrollably.

kenma, got his heart broken ? i can't tell if i'm hearing him right, since i'm still outside. did he say him? i have to be hearing him wrong, because he's never talked about a girl  to me before. my head feels dense and hot. the silence is filled by Kenma's cries.

his mom finally replies. "it's okay baby. it's okay to have these feelings. it'll all be okay. i love you". i walk onto the porch and look through the small glass window next to the door to see kenma, crying, being hugged by his mother. so many emotions fill my head.

i knock on the door. i can hear Kenma scramble up the stairs. i waited at the door for about a minute before it swung open, with kenma's mother on the other side. "tetsurou? great to see you! did you need something?".

her eyes look soft and concerning, red as if she'd been crying a little bit. her smile fades when she looks at me.

"hi. i'm sorry to bother you, is Kenma there? i really need to talk to him"

she takes a second to answer. clearly she's thinking about what to say next. "he's in bed right now. he wasn't feeling well"

i shrug my shoulders. i don't wanna be impolite so i just turn and go home. but before i'm off the porch i turn around.

"tell Ken that i stopped by okay?". his mother nods and smiles, then closes the door. i walk down the porch and down the sidewalk to my white house next door. i stop and turn around to look at Kenma's house once more. i look into his bedroom window to see that his light is on.

as i walk in the door i plop myself down on my bed and think. what's making him so upset? i try to think back through the day at everything that happened. but i still can't figure it out. i text kenma. "hey Ken. everything ok?"

an hour goes by without a response. i start getting ready for our practice match against karasuno. i figured i'd ask him at the match. he wouldn't miss a match.

i show up to the gym 10 minutes early, hoping to find Ken. but 30 minutes go by and there's no sign of him.

"WHERES OUR SETTER?" coach yells. nobody answers. nobody knows where he is. coach looks to me for a response, but i just shrug my shoulders.

we continue the practice match against karasuno without Kenma, trying to make things work without him. everyone is out of focus without him here. the air just feels different, but we make it work.

the match ends fairly quickly, us losing. but nobody really cared, we were all just wondering where our setter was. he never misses a match. ever.

i walk up to Hinata and Kageyama. kageyama is yelling at his orange haired friend for messing up a spike.

"hi Kuro!" the small middle blocker says. i figured he might've heard from Kenma, since the two are pretty close. "you heard anything from Ken?" i said smiling, placing my hand behind my neck.

hinata looks at me and smiles. "yea actually" he tilts his head, still smiling. "we had plans to go out to eat after the match with a few other friends. he texted me before the match to tell me he couldn't come"

kageyama then kicked hinata in the back of the leg. "hinata if you think i'm going with you guys i'm not". hinata turns around to yell at kageyama. they're like two children. i scoff. it makes me feel a little better that someone's heard from him.

i'll just give him some space. it seems to be something personal. he'll tell me if he wants to.  i figured it wasn't anything too serious, since he was still talking to hinata. i laid in my bed and stared at my ceiling for a good 30 minutes before finally drifting off.