realization (Kuroo's POV)

4 days have gone by since Kenma ran out of the gym. i couldn't get it out of my head. we've had school off, because of some random electrical problems in the school, and it's made it so much easier for Kenma to avoid me.

i haven't even tried texting him, because honestly i don't even know what to say. even if i wanted to say something. i pull my covers over my face and sigh. my phone dings and lights up on my desk next to me.

i scramble out of bed hoping maybe it's Kenma. but it isn't. i also have multiple unread texts from Lev, but i purposely have been ignoring them. they're all just along the lines of "it wasn't about you! you heard us wrong" kinda stuff. but i know he's just trying to cover for Kenma.

i read the text that lit up my phone in the first place. "hey, call me. we should talk". it's Emica. ughh. maybe i messed something up. did i do something. did i forget any plans we had or something? she always gets upset if i miss something.

honestly i have barely even thought about Emica for the past couple days. i turn off my phone and set it down for a second. i lay back on my bed again and cover my eyes with my hands. why do i keep messing everything up.

after about 3 minutes, i pick my phone back up to respond.

"yea i guess ? is everything okay?". i get a hot feeling in my chest. my bed has a large crease from where i've been laying. i rub my hands through it. after 4 long minutes i hear my phone ring. i pick my phone up and see the call from Emica staring back at me. i look at it for a second before answering.

"uhhh hello? what's up?" i say quietly.

she hesitates to speak. "we need to talk about you and i". her voice is shaky and i can tell it's something serious. i always mess something up. i messed up with Ken, and i messed up with Emica now too.

"what is it?", i say trying to keep myself calm.

"i know we just started dating and all. but you just seem different. not even as a boyfriend, just in general". i know exactly what she means but i can't help it. i've had so much pressure on me

"i know i know" i say quietly, gripping my phone harder. "i'm trying. really. i'll work on it. i just have had a lot going on and there's some stuff happening with -"

she cuts me off. "no no i get that. it's okay. i just think that maybe we should... i don't know" she pauses. i already know what she's gonna say. she continues. "maybe we should break up. so you can get yourself together and stuff".

i stay silent for a second too long. because all she says is "it'll be okay. well still be friends". i stay quiet, and she says goodby and hangs up the phone. no words came out of my mouth when i went to talk. i lay back down and rest my hands behind my head. ugh. this has to be the worst week.

i take more time to think about my plan for the Kenma situation. should i tell him i know? no. he already knows i do. i completely understand how he must feel. embarrassed. hurt. confused. i lay in my bed thinking about the past week, and about that night when we were fighting around. the way he blushed. and the way i blushed. and the way i couldn't stop myself from looking at him. i also think about our entire childhood we spent together. oh my god.

something kinda came into my head. i immediately sat up. i ran down the stairs and out the door as fast as i could. i ran over to his house. it was like something just clicked in my head. before i knew it i was standing at his porch. i started immediately banging on the door without hesitation.

"Kenma!" i said through the door. no response.

"Kenma? are you home?" i yelled again. after waiting for a response i got impatient, and i took it upon myself to grab the spare key that was by Kenma's door and unlock it myself. i rain in the door and up the stairs. i didn't even shut the front door behind me. i found myself at his bedroom door, where i stood for a split second. maybe this is stupid. maybe i should just turn around and go home. but before i could make that decision, something took control of my body. i knocked on the door. i heard a small amount of shuffling inside. ive got this. everything will be okay. don't be nervous. unexpectedly, the door swings open.