Chapter 14

Oh Yeah! I think I just B+ my exams today! Lol. Share in my celebration with this chapter.

Chapter 14

"And she doesn't even know Jase is cheating on her!" I was sitting in the living room, trying to watch a movie while Melody yapped away to Kelsey on her cell phone. "I know right! It's pitiful actually."

I had been sending her glares for the past five minutes. "Enough already!" I threw a pillow at her.

She ignored me after dodging the pillow. "Sorry, Kels. Kenzie's PMSing."

I released a loud groan. "Why me, God?"

My phone buzzed. Freakyyy. I sighed and unlocked it.

One New Message: From Lance

Mack, I know you're not talking to me, but I'm talking to you. Open the door. NOW.

I face palmed. Was he forreal?

The doorbell rung. "Just a sec, Kels. Someone's at the door."

"Melody, don't answer that gah!" She had already swung the door open to reveal Lance. He gave her a small smile.

"Lance!" She almost jumped into his arms but instead settled for a bear hug.

"Mel," he grinned.

I scoffed. Look who's besties now.

Lance looked up from the hug and our eyes met. He slowly released Mel and approached me. "Mack."

"Lance." I looked away.

I heard him sigh. "Can we talk..please?"

I nodded.

"In private."

"Whatever." I stood up and walked out of the door, listening to make sure he was following behind me. I didn't stop walking until we had reached the park that was down the street from my house. I sat on a swing. Lance sat on the swing beside me, slowly swinging.

"So are you gonna talk or..?"

He sighed. "Mack."

"Cause all I'm saying is that you're wasting my time.."

"Mack."

"And if you're doing this to annoy me it's totally working so can I go home now-"

"Mack, stop being a bitch!"

I froze. Did he just call me a..bitch? I reached my hand across and smacked him.

His face immediately turned red as he glared at me, then he began laughing. I couldn't help but join in too. Soon we were both out of breath, just staring at eachother. Lance broke the silence.

"Mack, I've missed you."

I sighed. "I've missed you too."

His clear brown eyes looked into mine. "Then why have you been ignoring me?"

I started to lie. "I..." I couldn't do it. "..Don't know," I finished.

He nodded. "It was him."

I shook my head. "No! He doesn't care if we're friends! I was just I dont know..being weird." Might as well spill my heart. "There was this thing, kinda like a distant memory and it's been killing me inside trying to remember it. It hurts so bad that I cant. And it keeps distracting me from..everything." I sighed and looked over at him. He looked like he was thinking. "What are you thinking about?"