Chapter 6

I have a small case of writer's block. I mean, ik how I want this story to end and sort of play out, I just don't know how to get it there without writing too much or too little. So yeah..I'll just keep trying. Thanks for reading. :)

I paid the cashier for my new headphones and plugged them into my iPod as I walked out. Immediately, Green Day's "Let Yourself Go" began blasting into my ears.

Quickly, I turned it down and stepped out of the store and into the main floor of the mall.

It had been 2 weeks since the whole encounter with Liam. I hadn't seen him- scratch that. I hadn't tried to see him since that day. I didn't visit the beach, I didn't go to my favorite music store, and I even avoided going to Basking Robins..just in case.

If he didn't want to accept my apology, I wasn't gonna act like the loser he said I was and stick around him. As much as I wanted his friendship, it honestly wasn't worth it.

I sighed and walked to the juice bar they had just built on the second floor. Without realizing it, I had gone the whole day without a single thing to eat. As if to second my thought, my stomach gave a low growl. God, I hope no one heard that.

The store was really trendy. It had a tropical theme, with almost everything being orange. I'm talking curtains, walls, tables, counters, Liam's shirt.

Liam's shirt?

Slowly stepping up to the counter, I noticed him standing off to the side, waiting on his order, I presumed.

I inwardly smiled. Who would of thought that out of all the places I had been avoiding him at, I'd find him at Tropi-Juice?

The cashier cleared her throat. She was a blonde chick, with cozy brown eyes, a warm smile, and a pretty nice figure. In a way, I envied her. She was so simple it was pretty.

"Hi, ma'am. How may I help you?"

I glanced at her name tag. I had a habit of always calling people by their names if I knew it. Hers was Kylie.

I looked up at her and smiled. "Hi, Kylie."

Liam's head snapped up at the sound of my voice.

It took all the strength I had not to look at him again. "I'll have a Banana Apple twirl."

Kylie rung it up. "Anything else?"

I shook my head.

"Three Ninety Two is your total."

I paid Kylie and stepped off to the opposite side as Liam. I could feel his eyes boring into my side, but I wouldn't look. I wouldn't be the first one to speak..especially after I'd apologized to him and he publicly humiliated me.

I heard him sigh. "Hey, Stranger."

A smirk made its way onto my lips. He'd cracked first.

Slowly, I spun around to face him. That was a mistake. He looked gorgeous. His bright blue eyes sparkling, as if he was glad to see me, his dirty blonde hair ruffled into the perfect bed hair style, his pink lips slightly curved into a half smile, half smirk.

"Hi," I muttered, trying oh so hard to keep the joy in my voice masked.

He raised his eyebrow. "Am I crazy or are you glad to see me?"

I squeezed my lips shut into a thin line before replying, "I'm leaning towards the latter."

Liam shook his head. "Aw, come on, Kenz. You can't still be mad at me," he twisted his face into a sour look. "Can you?" He seemed to plead.