Chapter 17

Sorry this is so late guys!!

Pic's of Kat Taylor: Annasophia Robb 

Chapter 17

As I walked on to my next class, I kept thinking back to Kat and her weird reaction to Liam. Maybe it was because he was a jock? Or probably because I was a nerd. Either way it irritated me. Was that how everyone was going to react to us?

"What's on your brain, Mack?"

A small smile formed at my lips. I looked up at Lance. "Nothing much, Lancy. Just stuff." I threw that in just to annoy him.

"Just stuff, Mack?" He all but growled this at me as we walked into homeroom, which -luckily for us- was an IB Lit class.

I flashed him a smirk as I found my way to the third row and sat down in the middle of the row. Lance followed and took the seat nearest the window to my left, like usual.

"Girls suck ass," he muttered under his breath.

I just shook my head and laughed quietly.

After first, second, and third hour with Lance, I finally had a class to myself. As I walked in to my Art Foundations class, I noticed a frizzy blonde head sitting alone at a table in the back. Smiling, I approached and sat down next to her. "Sup, Kit Kat?"

Kat jumped at the sound of my voice, but quickly relaxed once she noticed it was me. She smiled at me before looking back down at her notebook, continuing with the picture she'd been drawing before I walked in.

I sighed, realizing that she would probably not keep me company in this class.

"So um, you draw alot?" The silence was killing me.

Kat furrowed her brow as she finished her drawing, then looked up at me. "Um, k-kind of.."

I smiled a little at her timidness. "Can I see?"

"Sure." She passed her notebook over to me and I examined it. It was a picture of a girl's face that resembled her own. The face was broken shards of glass. There were even three tiny shards that resembled tears flowing down from the corner of her left eye. I'm no proffessional artist, but that picture was damn good.

"Kat, this is amazing." She smiled a little and looked down at my compliment. "You're seriously gifted."

A steady blush stayed on her cheeks. "Th-thank you, Mackenzie."

"Call me Kenzie."

Kat smiled up at me. "Thank you, Kenzie."

That was the first sentence she said to me without stuttering. I smiled internally at the accomplishment. The rest of the hour went by pretty uneventfully. Then I had lunch. I walked Kat to her locker before we both headed down to the cafeteria. We found an empty table and sat our bags down before getting into line.

"Mack! Kat! Hey, that rhymed!"

I turned around to see Lance coming our way. Kat giggled quietly behind me.

"Stop embarassing us, Loser."

Lance's smile just grew as he approached us. "You know I help your lame reputation," he stated.

It was kind of true but he didn't have to know that. "Yeah right. Who's boyfriend is popular?"

His smile dropped slightly at this and I instantly regretted saying it. I knew that was a touchy subject. Luckily, Kat caught our attention.

"I-I didn't know I had to pay on the first day," she whispered to the lunchlady. She was digging around in her small clutch bag for any amount of change.