Chapter 5

Okay, so I realize I've been updating alot and I just want to say: "Don't get used to it!" Lol. I am not a robot, I've just been having a little extra time on my hands but that's probably about to change, so no dirty thoughts if I take more than a few days to update. Lol. 

Te Amo <3

I awoke with a start. I was unusually warm and my right arm had a huge amount of pressure on it. What the..?

A yawn came from in front of me and I realized it was Melody. I was in her room and she was laying on my arm.

Images of last night flashed into my head. The crying, the honesty, the bonding moment my sister and I had shared.

She stirred on my arm and moaned. "Kenzie?" she called out.

So much for trying not to wake her. "Yeah, Mel?"

She rolled over to face me and I took the opportunity to quickly snatch my arm from under her.

Small prickles traveled up my arm.

Melody sent me a half smile. "Thanks for staying with me last night. I know I sorta overreacted and its just a boyfriend, but dad just left it seems." Her eyes began to wander. "So um, thank you."

I nodded my head. "Anytime, Mel. I'm your big sister. Don't ever hesitate to come to me about anything. I might not always understand, but I promise I'll always listen."

She smiled and shrugged before standing and stretching.

I could tell it was time for me to leave, so I walked over to her door, sending back a smile, before exiting through it.

Maybe there was hope for my little sister after all.

Three hours later, I sat on the Hood of my car, enthralled by a book. I was parked in the parking lot at the beach.

I guess I was kind of hoping to get a chance to speak to Liam. After last night I realized that if I could make up with my sister after years of feuding, one small fight wouldn't ruin a potential friendship for me.

It was a failed attempt though. I had been here for half an hour and there was still no sign of him and his surf friends. Maybe I was asking for too much from God. At least I had my sister.

I closed the book and entered my car. Crap. My fuel level was almost to E.

Buckling my seat belt, I drove to the nearest gas station.

Just as I was starting to pump my gas, I spotted a group of rowdy teens exiting the Walgreens across the street. Sure enough, Liam was among them.

I couldn't just let him go without at least apologizing, so I finished pumping my gas and locked my car door. Barely even looking both ways before crossing the street, I began to approach him...right as he wrapped his arm around some blonde bimbo. She was all over him! Rubbing her hands up and down his chest and giggling at everything he said. I almost stopped dead in my tracks. Almost. But I had to do this.

"Liam," I called out once I was less than five feet away.

His head shot up and his once happy smile turned into a glare. He didn't stop heading to the van.

I sighed. This was gonna be harder than it needed to be. "Liam," I called, slightly picking up my pace.

Right before I could lay my hand on his shoulder, though, he spun around, startling me and the blonde chick.

"What?!" He screamed.

My breath caught in shock. His blonde hair hung slightly over his eyelid and I was tempted to brush it back with my fingers.

"Pathetic," he mumbled, turning around.

His friends sent curious glances my way.

"Wait, Liam, I'm sorry."

He smirked. I could feel it even though I could only view his back. He turned back around slowly.

"You're sorry? For what?" He shook his head. "You were only doing what any other low life nerd would do when a hot guy talked to her. So what you freaked. It was expected, Alien. You're weird and everyone knows it."

His words hurt..mostly because they were true. He had surprised me, And kind of freaked me out. But I couldn't let him know that.

"Okay," I sighed. "I deserved that. I just came to apologize. It was wrong to go off on you. Take my apology or leave it." And with that, I spun on my heels and returned to my car.

I must admit I halfway expected him to follow me like they did in those romantic movies, but the sound of footsteps behind me never came. As I entered my car I realized that this wasn't supposed to be romantic. We had just met two weeks ago. Unlike those romance novels that I read, that actually wasn't enough time to fall in love..especially with a Jock.

(Here's a new one :) ) Liam's POV

I replaced my arm around Tracy, trying not to make it obvious that I was watching Mackenzie walk away.

Strands of her light brown hair that had fallen out of her ponytail swayed gently in the wind as her slightly thick hips matched their sway. She pulled her small jacket around her, even though it was 75 degrees outside. I wanted to chase after her so bad and tell her that I accepted her apology, that I hadn't even had to walk because my friend Tarence had been driving by and picked me up, that I wasn't truly even mad at the fact that she had snapped, I had expected that, but my pride was too hurt. She had told me about myself and said I was acting like a chick. She was the only one who would even dare to confront me about jerkish ways. Was that even a word? I mentally shrugged. It was now.

"Li-Bear?"

I looked up and realized that everyone was already in the van, staring at me. Even Tracy had managed to get out of my grasp and into the van without my realizing it.

"Dude," Clark glanced at me from the driver's seat. "Are you okay?" I could see the compassion in his eyes. He was one of my friends that actually cared about me and knew my past.

I shrugged. "Yeah man, I'm good. She was just bugging out about nothing. I paid her a little attention and now she thinks we're friends," I said, lying through my teeth.

He gave me a disbelieving look before shaking his head and turning back to the wheel. "Well get in the goddamn car."

This time I didn't hesitate. I stepped into the van, slamming the door behind me.

This girl was gonna be the ruin of me.

Yay! So excited I got this part done AND even a small part in Liam's point of view. Bet you weren't expecting that, were you? Mhahahah! :D Next upload whenever that writing mood strikes. Thanks for viewing.! :)

~Bri