Chapter 27

1,500 reads guys! I think that deserves two chapters, don't you?

Chapter 27

I agreed to meet Lance at the playground by my house. So about a half an hour later, I found myself sitting on the swing set, gently swaying with the wind. A million thoughts were coursing through my head at once. On a scale of one to Michelle Obama with that heckler, how pissed would he be? Would he scream at me? Tell me he never wanted to speak to me again? Or worse, would he give me the silent treatment and pretend I didn't exist and that we never happened like I did him? All these thoughts kept me from noticing my surroundings.

"Mackenzie."

That's why I jumped the moment I heard Lance's voice. He called me Mackenzie, not Mack. Slowly, I turned my head to see him standing behind me.

He walked over to the swing beside me and sat down. We sat in silence for a moment. "I..can't believe you."

He didn't sound pissed, just disappointed. "I'm sorry," I whispered.

I could feel his gaze on the side of my head as I stared at the ground, not daring to meet his eyes. I was ashamed of myself and my actions. Not just the ones from today, but the ones leading up to it from the beginning of the school year. I was really screwing up.

Lance sighed. "I don't want an apology, Mack. I want an answer. A true answer. A final one."

I dared to look up at his face. It was pained. "I don't understand."

He stared me in the eyes with an intensity that could rival the plot line of Romeo and Juliet. "What's going on between us? Do you have feelings for me, Mack? What do you want?"

What was going on with us? Who did I want? Liam is amazing, but Lance is speectacular. He gets me. The truth is, I really didn't know. So I answered the only question I was actually sure about. "Yes."

Lance's face showed confusion for a moment before realization sunk in. He released a deep sigh. "Okay. I can work with that for now but you have to make a decision soon, Mack. Make it before everything goes to hell." With that, he stood and offered me his hand.

Taking it and standing up, I looked up into his eyes. "I know and I will, I'm just..I don't know." I averted my eyes from his.

"Mack," he whispered, making me aware of exactly how close we were at the moment. Our bodies weren't touching yet, but if I took one miniscule step closer.. "I love you." That brought my eyes back to his for the briefest of moments and he used it to his advantage. Pulling me to him with the hand I hadn't been aware he was still holding, he covered my lips with his passionately. It was intense. I could feel all the pent up anger and frustration that he had with me all packed up into one giant spurt of heat and need. His hands snaked around my lower waist, squeazing me closer to him, pressing me further into his body.

I allowed my hands to slide up his chest until they reached his hair and tangled themselves into it, wanting more. My matched lust for him slowed once I let my mind begin to comprehend exactly what was going on. I was cheating on Liam..again. My hands released Lance's hair and snaked back down to his chest to push him away enough to separate our lips. "Stop," I whispered breathlessly. "Please."

Lance pulled back a little but didn't release me from his hold. It was as if he thought I'd run away again if he let go. "I'm sorry," he whispered huskily.

I had to try to ignore just how sexy that sounded. "No, don't be." I pushed at his chest again until he let me go completely. "It was my fault."

"Mack.."