Chapter 30

This chapter has been split into two because I jumped the gun and said "yeah! There's only one more chapter left!" when I should've said two. AND because I couldn't force all the drama into one chapter. It would have been rushed and it wouldn't have had the same effect on you guys as I wanted. So......Without further adieu..

Chapter 30

"Mom, I'm so sorry. Please let me come home."

My mother looked me up and down. She was glowing, I have to admit. Was everyone happier when I wasn't around?

"Kenzie, you scared me half to death! I've been worried sick about you." She encased me in a warm hug. It felt so good. I had no idea how much I had missed my mother until now. No matter how much we fought, she was still my mother.

"So..that's a yes?"

She pulled away and smiled at me. "Hell yes that's a yes."

For the first time all day, I actually smiled.

----------------------------------------------------------

"So what was it like, living with Liam?"

I rolled over onto my side. "Mel can we please not talk about that?"

She plopped down next to me. "Right. I forgot about that." We both remained silent for a moment before she spoke again. "Are all the rumors true?" Her voice was barely above a whisper but I heard her.

"That depends on what you heard."

"Why don't you just start from the beginning?"

"Because I don't even know when it began."

She sighed. "Did you sleep with Lance?"

I closed my eyes for a sense of security before answering. "Yes."

To my surprise, she chuckled.

"What?"

"I should've known that you two had a thing. No guy ever deals with your nonsense without having a thing for you."

"That's so not tr-" Come to think of it, I had only really spent time with two guys: Lance and Liam. I ended up with both of them. Well two guys if you don't include Kace who was like madly in love when I met him. Kace. I messed up our friendship too. Me and guys just dont mesh.

"You know it's true," Melody giggled.

I forced a smile onto my lips for her sake. "Yeah, it is."

I felt the bed shift under her weight as she turned to really face me. "Kenzie?"

I opened my eyes. "What?"

"I know you feel horrible. I know that. And I also know that you never meant for any of this to happen. It's honestly not in your nature to be a slut." That should've stung but I got what she was saying. "I just want you to know that I love you and I'm here for you. I know after dad left we distanced ourselves but I love you and I look up to you. I want you to know that. I want you to know that you are the only family I know I can depend on. We have mom but she has Miguel and the baby now. We only have eachother. I know you would support me if something like this happened to me and I want you to know that I'm going to return the favor. You're my big sister and I love you."

I had never expected something like that to come out of my little sister's mouth. "Wow," I breathed out. "That's...heavy."

She chuckled. "I pour out my heart and sisterly feelings and all you have to say is 'that's heavy.' Typical."

Before I knew it, we were both laughing and bonding almost like old times. All I could think was maybe life wouldn't be so terrible after all. Boy was I wrong.