Chapter 28

Alright so this is the second upload. I'm just letting you know that we're coming to an end. There will probably be somewhere around three more chapters before the end. There wont be an epilogue because I'm working on a sequel which will be called Mum's The Word. I can't really go into detail about what it's about yet but just know you'll be getting Lance's P.O.V. for the first time.

Chapter 28

After what happened with Lance, I wasn't exactly in the mood to head back to Liam's place so I texted Kace.He told me to come to his place and gave me the address. Forty-five minutes later, I was on his doorstep. The idiot lived on the outskirts of town in a large ranch style house.

The door swung open to reveal a brunette woman of about forty with a cigarrete hanging from her mouth. She looked crappy honestly. "Who the hell are you?" She demanded.

"Uh.."

Kace came to the rescue, sliding past her. "That's my friend Mackenzie, mom. I told you she was coming."

The woman looked me over. "You didn't tell me she was another rich brat."

"She's not." Kace sent me an apologetic look. "She's like upper middle class but that has nothing to do with anything."

The woman broke into a coughing fit. "What-hack-ever. Just don't-hack-bring any-hack-babies home with-hack-you." Then she walked off.

"Sorry about that," Kace said, pulling me in and closing the door.

"That was your mom?"

He started leading me to a room in the far back of the house, his room I realized. "Unfortunately." He threw a couple things from his bed to the floor to make room for me.

I sat down and observed his room. It was medium sized. He had a laptop, a desk, and a few pictures on the desk. Examining it, it showed a younger him and an older him.

"That's me and my dad," he explained noticing my staring.

"The one that's in jail?"

He smirked." Well I only have one dad."

"Smartass."

He replied by sticking out his tongue.

I got up and picked the picture up. "He's pretty hot," I mused.

Kace snatched the picture from my hand. "Okay gross."

I smiled and plopped back down on his bed.

He took a seat on top of his desk and watched me. "What do you want to talk about?"

"What do you mean?"

He sighed. "As much as you love me, Kenzie, you never come to visit me unless you want to talk. What's your problem?

I sighed. He knew me so well. "I'm in love with Lance."

He scoffed. "Tell me something I don't know."

"You knew?"

He hopped down from his dresser. "Everybody knew. Some even had bets. Oh!" He pulled out his cell and called someone. "Hey. Yeah, you owe me twenty bucks. She told me she loved him." I threw a pillow at him and he ended the call chuckling before sitting down on the floor in between my legs. "Sorry babe, where were we?"

"Your funeral," I muttered before starting to play in his hair.

He chuckled a bit. "So what exactly is the problem?"

"I love Liam."

He rested his head back against my inner thigh. "Ah." He closed his eyes before speaking again. "So?"