Chapter 23

I don't know who made the pic of Victoria and Logan but it looks real so thank you. (Wouldn't it be funny if it actually was real? Lol) Pic's of Mackenzie and Lance

Chapter 23

When I finally exited the football field, I only had one thing- or rather person in mind: Lance. He just freaking took the blame for something he didn't do! He could get into serious trouble. She said the police were getting involved. There was no amount of words that could describe the guilt that was welling up inside me. Lance, my Lance could get arrested because of a stupid decision I made. I shouldn't have let Macey and Riley drag me out. I shouldn't have come. I shouldn't have participated. I shouldn't have abandoned Lance.

The crowd of people around the school seemed relatively larger. Mrs. Whitz had a loud speaker and was trying her hardest to communicate over the talking of all of the students. "Please! Everyone, be quiet! Remain calm! Things are being sorted out as we speak!"

I merged into the crowd, not really wanting to be bothered with Liam or any of his friends. Having my luck though, the very first person I mistakingly bumped into was Liam.

He smiled at me. "I told you you wouldn't get into trouble," he stated proudly.

I tried not to glare at him. "I only got out of it because Lance took the blame."

Liam's face hardened at Lance's name. "Always has to be theatrical, doesn't he?" I heard him mutter rhetorically to himself.

"Alright everyone! Since it's friday, we're giving you a break. We're not going to shuttle you out to some other school. You can go home early. Enjoy your weekend!"

No sooner the words left her mouth, I was ready to boost right out of there but at the moment, I had a few boyfriend problems.

"Kenz, come back to my place. My mom really misses you," he added with a smile as he grabbed my hand.

I pulled my hand away from his grasp. "I can't. I have other things to do," I replied cooly.

Confusion took over his features. "What's wrong Kenz?"

I tried to move around him, but he just kept blocking my way. I sighed. "Nothing."

"Mackenzie."

"I just don't want to be bothered by you or your friends, okay?!" I shouted at him, emmitting some curiosity from the people closest to us.

His eyes flashed hurt. "My friends? I thought they were our friends, Kenz?"

I couldn't help lashing out. "I don't have any friends! You and your gang of plastics made sure of that! My best friend hates me," I whimpered.

Liam pulled me into his arms. "I don't hate you," he whispered into my ear.

I gently pushed him away and went for my car, never turning back to see Liam's hurt expression. I didn't need to worry about Melody. Kelsey's parents would gladly give her a ride home. For some reason they loved the little brat.

I had one destination in mind as I cruised: Lance's place. It was stupid of me to go directly after Ms. Zolkoviak took him away and expect him to be home, I know, but when I got there, I couldn't help the disappointment that came when I realized he wasn't there yet.

Sighing, I turned on the radio to Kiss FM and let it play softly as I checked my phone. I had three mesages, two missed calls, and one voicemail. Wearily, I opened the first message.

From: KaceSuperSwaggedOut AwesomePants

I shook my head. That was the last time I would let someone program their own name into my phone.