Chapter 1

Hi, everyone :) This is my first story on this site and I'm typing it on my phone so excuse any errors. I feel that I'm an okay writer, but I'm pretty self conscious about my stories so I really wanna know what you guys think. Thanks for sticking with me on this long introduction- I only have one more thing to say. my writing is almost always spur of the moment. I can't write if the feeling doesn't strike, so if I'm slow updating plz don't be mad. :) And without further adieu..

Just Say The Word, Chapter 1

Hi. I'm Mackenzie Davis. My friends just call me Kenzie, though, so I guess that's what you can call me. I should start by saying I'm not "like" all the other girls. Clothes aren't really my thing, I don't go to parties, and lets just say my idea of fun is curling up with a well written book and drinking hot cocoa. Knowing this, you can probably imagine my surprise when a stranger dropped into my life and changed my whole perspective. I should start from that first day. 

"Kenzie. Kenzie! " 

I slowly opened my eyes, slightly dazed as my sister's cloudy image came into focus. 

"Melody, what the hell?" I wasn't one for swearing, but damnit my younger sister could really piss me off. 

"Get UP, Kenzie," she demanded, bouncing my bed slightly. 

"What do you WANT? " Couldn't she tell I just wanted to sleep in peace? It WAS my first day of summer vacation after all. 

Melody pouted. Being only 14, which made her the youngest in the house, she was used to getting what she wanted- either by pouting, or by manipulation. "Fine then," she muttered. "Don't go downstairs and see the really wicked gift mom got you in honor of getting all 4.0's your entire junior year. Won't bother me one bit." 

Alright so I have to admit she DID make it sound really exciting.  

I wiped my eyes. "You can leave now, I'm coming, Mel, and I don't need a babysitter. " 

Melony grinned. "Thought you'd see it my way," she declared before exiting my room.  

I slowly climbed out of my queen-size bed and slid on my glasses, not even bothering to glance at myself in the mirror. I knew it would be a frightful sight. 

"Look who decided to make an appearance, " my mom greeted me as I trudged into the kitchen and grabbed a glass of orange juice. 

"Oh believe me, it was not by choice." 

She smiled. "Well now that you're up, I might as well show you your gift." She went out the back door. 

I followed, genuinely curious about what this mysterious "gift " was. 

We ended up in the driveway. Now I was really curious. 

My mom looked as if she was about to burst with excitement. "Feast your eyes upon...." She pressed the clicker for the garage and it slowly opened, revealing a navy blue 2000 jag.  

I froze. 

"Your very own mean of transportation so you don't have to bother me for a ride to the library every other second!!" my mom continued. 

I staggered forward a little bit. "M..my very own car?" 

She beamed at me. "Surprised?" 

A smile slowly spread across my face and I felt myself begin to get excited. "Yes!" I enveloped her in a bear hug. "Mom thank you so much! This means so much to me." 

She looked away and I could tell that she was proud of herself for finally knowing me well enough to get the right gift. Ever since my father left, she and I had lost our mother - daughter connection. I guess I kind of blamed her for not being able to keep him, and she blamed us for the reason he left. Either way, it was all in the past now. 

Melody emerged from the back door and joined me and our mother in the driveway as my mom gave me the keys to my new-to-me car. "You can totally drive me and Kelsey to the mall now, right?" 

"As if." I'd barely had my car for two minutes and Melody was already trying to use it for herself. Typical Melody.  

She stuck her bottom lip out, looking like the brat she is. "Please, Mackenzie. I'll even give you gas money." 

No way. There was absolutely no way I was taking her anywhere.  

"Mom?" she pleaded. 

"Aw, what harm could it do to take your little sister to the mall?" 

And just like that, the small bonding moment was gone. 

An hour later I found myself in the mall, lagging behind Melody and her best friend, Kelsey as they chatted about trivial things while they window shopped. I was starting to tire of being their shadow, so I drifted off into a Music store.  

Score. This place had all of my favorite bands and very few customers. Looked like I could listen to my favorite music without having to deal with people. I pressed play on one of Green Day's albums with a try me sign next to it and 21 Guns started playing. I would always love this song. 

"You still listen to Green Day? " 

I jumped in shock and spun around to face a handsome, tall, blonde, blue-eyed, god. 

The sight of him took my breath away. He was absolutely stunning. With his Hollister T-shirt and khaki pants he actually even resembled one of their amazingly hot models. 

His lips slipped into a lazy smile. "Don't speak English?" 

I shook out of my daydreaming. He misinterpreted that as me shaking my head. 

His grin grew wider. "So that's a no?" 

No. It was a yes. A complete and total yes.

Okay so it's 3 am where I am and I just spent the last three hours writing this. Sorry if it's a little long and off topic. The next one will be better. I'm just tired and I really wanted to get this up. So...please vote and leave me a comment or two or three? Lol. Thanks. :)