Chapter 13

When I first started this chapter, I wasn't gonna do an author's note, but after just hearing about those twenty children being murdered, I had to. I just don't understand what the world is coming to. How can you shoot children children? I send out my deepest condolences to the families affected by that inconsiderate, phsycho lunatic. Rest In Paradise little ones.

Pic's of Mackenzie's outfit for the date.

Chapter 13

I groaned. "Liam!"

He sent me a breathtaking smirk. "Don't go trying to make this more than it is."

"It's a date! How can I not? You wont even tell me where we're going," I pouted. I had spent two hours getting ready after he told me we were going out. Well..my mom and Melody did. They dressed me, did my hair, did my make up, and even groomed me. That last part was a little much for my comfort.

"I get it, okay? You don't like surprises. Next time I'll outright tell you, but right now you're gonna shut up, sit back, and enjoy the ride because my lips are sealed and you'll only be waisting your voice." He glued his eyes to the road and ignored me for the rest of the trip. It's not like I had much left to say anyway. He just told me to shut up!

For most of the ride I just looked down and fiddled with my shirt. My mom and Melody had picked out a yellow shirt with a giant mustache on it with light blue skinny jeans and black shoes. They had curled my hair and added a few accessories. I had on light make up; pink lipgloss and light pink eyeshadow. I had a feeling they knew where Liam was taking me, but they kept it to themselves. How else would they know how to dress me?

"You look really nice today. I like being able to actually see your eyes."

I jumped at the sound of Liam's voice because it had been silent for so long. He was stealing glances at me and I blushed. These contacts felt weird in my eyes, but if they pleased Liam, I guess I could wear them more often.

I nodded. "Thanks."

Somewhere around twenty minutes later, we pulled up into a parking lot.

"Liam?"

He shot a glare my way and I shut my mouth. Right. No questions.

He came around and opened my door for me, lending me a hand to help me out. Me being me, I stumbled a bit and he had to catch me in his arms. I was still getting used to the cast on my arm and the bandages on my ribs were kind of uncomfortable. Luckily, the one sprained ankle I had was a thousand times better and I could walk right on it.

I cuddled into his chest. "Thanks," I breathed.

"No problem, gorgeous." That brought a smile to my lips. "Shall we?"

I stepped away from him and moved forward before being jerked back. "Ah!" I groaned. The bandages on my ribs shifting painfully.

"I'm so sorry, Kenz," he whispered frantically into my ear. "I forgot you're kind of crippled."

I could hear the grin in his voice as he said this. "I'm not crippled! I'm completely capable of doing everything on my own." I turned to face him.

"Oh yeah?" He smirked, laughter in his eyes. "Go swing from some monkey bars." He nodded across the street at a park.

I glared at him before turning around and storming off towards the building we were outside of. It resembled a diner, but a little bit fancier.

"Wait, Kenz I'm sorry!" He wrapped his warm arms around me and enveloped me in his scent. "You know I didn't mean it," he whispered, holding me as tight as possible without actually injuring me more.