Girls Are Not Any Less

"What do you think about yourself Amrutha?Is this what we have taught you from your childhood? How can you even think of talking back to your father?",Her mom shouted on top of her voice. 

"Mom, I just wanted to help dad in his business and make him proud just like brother will do",she said in a whisper voice.

"What do you think is commerce stream? Do you think it is easy? Do you think you can master in it just like that?", he father questioned her.

Yes, Amrutha a 11th grade teenager wants to take commerce as her stream and help her dad establish and expand his business, but the scenario is quite different here in her case. 

"Dad! Its not easy, but it isnt impossible right?",it was her brother who spoke out this time. Amrutha was shocked, She never expected her brother would take a stand for her. 

The one who always fights for minute things and irritate her,took a stand for her. Her face has lost all the colours. 

"Arjun? What now you also learned to speak against elders?",his father glared at both of them. 

"Dad, please listen to me, mom you don't stop me too. Dad, these are not the days, where a girl is always meant to be a home maker and the boy is always meant to work. Women are stepping out of the home, they are working and proving things that they can do anything and everything. Mom also works as a bank employee right dad? Then what's wrong if Amrutha takes Commerce stream. Gone are the days, where women didn't have the courage to step out from there homes, we have women like Kiran Bedi and many more, the stream commerce is boring no body gives value to it, that is your concern dad, but you took the same thing and running a company based on it, let Amrutha also work on it dad, its her passion and let her do it", He completed saying.

He looked a both his parents and sister. His sister eyes showed immense respect and love for him. 

"I am sorry Amrutha, I should not have restricted you or scolded you like this,you can take this stream, I would love to work with my daughter", her father said and she rushed to him and hugged him. 

"Thank you so much dad, but whole credits to brother, he convinced you, if not I would have been sulking somewhere!", she said and went to her brother.

"Thanks arjun", those two words spoke many unknown emotions between the siblings.

*************************************************************************

Here is today's update.

Remember that women are no less, and no subject has greater and lesser importance. Everything is special in its own way.

See you all with an update soon!

Bye

TEEN FIX