• Lack of Sleep •

Sleep. The final frontier. The point of no reach. The hardest of all tasks.

You think I’m joking, but I’m not. For some people, this is true. And, those people are exactly what this chapter will be for! That’s right! Today, I am writing about LACK OF SLEEP.

First, I will tell a true story about a girl *cough* me *cough* who could never sleep and suffered the consequences. Then, I will write a paragraph or two on how we can try to prevent this from happening.

Now, to the story!

There once was a girl who couldn’t sleep. She would stay awake all night, tossing and turning, but almost never reaching sleep. On the nights she did get to sleep, she had horrible night terrors that woke her almost immediately. She could never fall back to sleep.

Her average amount of hours of sleep per week was nine. Isn’t that just sad?

One week, she didn’t sleep for a full five days. Not because she didn’t want to, but because she couldn’t. During the fourth and fifth day, she started seeing hallucinations of some scary shadows. She would scream at night and sometimes during the day because she was afraid of those shadows.

Her parents worried for her. They ended up calling the hospital.

That girl was in the psychiatric hospital for twelve full days.

She eventually got better enough to go out in the world and face it.

But, to this day, that girl still has problems with sleeping. Even though her average hours per week is now fourteen.

Alright, now that the sad, but quite beautiful story is over, I will tell you how you can try to prevent this.

There are multiple measures you can take to ensure you get the sleep you need. You can take medicine that will help (over-the-counter or prescription). You can also do the aromatherapy route. As the name suggests, aromatherapy is a treatment that uses natural plant extracts to improve physical and emotional health through the smells given off in oil. It also helps you sleep *wink* *wink*...

Moving on, electronic blue light is not good for sleeping. It actually wakes you up. Just a little bit, but that’s all a person needs to not get enough sleep. Also, a good way to sleep is to move around. By that, I mean, exercise or do work. Just walk around. Wear yourself down. If your body wears down, so does your brain, which will help with sleeping a lot because your brain is not as active.

If you have nightmares that wake you up like me, please, please, please go to a psychiatric specialist, so they can help you. Nightmares are terrible and those people can significantly help with them!

For my ending, I will ask you to please not take my advice for granted. Give it a try! It will surely help!

Also, I am in no way, shape, or form an expert on this subject. So, I strongly suggest you go to someone who is, so that you can get some professional advice!

Thank you for reading!

~TeenFix