• Being Supressed By People Around •

Often people think that only they know everything but the other person doesn't. They refuse to even give a chance to others to learn/experiment or to prove themselves.

Greetings y'all it's Sakshi this side today here to share a short tale.

Alisha, a grade 12 student is given a group project yet again. It's the same old group that made Alisha feel insecure about.

She walked towards her team and settled down on one of the chairs.

"So, there's nothing much to discuss y'all have to work on same things",Vaishnavi one of the team mates announced.

"But-",Alisha tried to interrupt them.

"Alisha, we all very well know that you aren't capable of doing things. Atleast be happy we are giving you easy tasks while taking all the difficult jobs on our head. You better be happy for that",Vaishnavi said and Alisha was feeling angry.

This wasn't the first time, they never gave her a chance in taking up tasks at all. All they would say is she could never do that.

"Why should I be happy Vaishnavi? Its not like I asked you all to take up the difficult tasks and was chilling around with others. You never gave me a chance, to be precise you say I know nothing and incase I volunteer to help you just avoid me like plague. I have kept quiet enough time not any more, either you give everyone equal tasks or I would need to change my team after talking with the teacher",Alisha said whatever she was holding in her head since long time.

"You can't present things Alisha and in this moment we can't take risk this is our last project what's going to be lost if you just adjust with things for one last time",Vaishnavi let out a frustrated sigh.

"This is my last chance as well Vaishnavi, to prove that I can do it too just like you do",she said.

Vaishnavi thought for a second and looked at Alisha with a straight face.

"Alright then, you will have to present it all then this time. Remember you're responsibility is double than all of ours. A single mistake from your side each of us will face trouble and if we do, we won't stay quite",she said and walked away from there.

As said Vaishnavi distributed the work equally and Alisha was given the presentation work. She had stage fear and seeing them all present things without fear, she practiced in front of mirror and tried talking in front of her parents.

Slowly yet steadily she overcame the fear and today was the D day. She had to present it to their teacher and their classmates.

"Alisha, are you sure? There's all our hardwork in this. You can drop out still you know that right?",Vaishnavi whispers in her ear while looking at the presentation that was going on before them.

"I'll do it, don't worry I won't let your hard work go in vain",she said while looking at Vaishnavi maintaining her confident eye contact.

When Alisha came on to the dias, everyone in the class were shocked to see her presenting the presentation. She took a deep breathe and had a small smile on her face. Though she was feeling anxious she didn't let it cloud her confidence.

She started presenting, though there were a few minor errors here and there, she was also able to answer the questions from the audience. When the presentation ended the teacher appreciated the whole team along with Alisha and Alisha's happiness knew no bounds.

She was finally able to prove that she could do this, she was feeling content that she got her result for her hard work behind the scenes. The team gave her cold shoulder after that day and even during rehearsals they made her confused and tried their best to get her down but who could stop her when she already decided that she would do this and she won't be giving up till she succeeds.

She walked upto Vaishnavi, when Vaishnavi herself forwarded her hand for a handshake, she whispered,"You did great, better than we expected and we are sorry".

Alisha just smiled at her and shook her hands and walked out from there.

There are many people like Vaishnavi in all our lives who think we can't do things. Never judge a book by its cover at the same time don't judge a person by seeing them what their capabilities are. You never know what's their hidden talent. You don't know how your words would hurt them.

Some rise up from those words while the others fall down even low, to all those who have suffered or who have been suffering don't let others decide what you can do and what you can't.

You know yourself better what you can do and what you are capable of. When opportunities aren't coming, create them in your own style. Never underestimate yourself.

For instance, I never knew I could ever be on wattpad and create a community like this and write books simultaneously but it happened. I am happy that I trusted myself and came till here. There were cases like Vaishnavi in my journey too, I cried because of them but every time I cried I rose back stronger than before. The only point in my personality is when someone tells me you can't do this and you aren't capable of it, no matter what it is I will work for it and prove them all wrong who talked to me about my capabilities.

Upgrade yourself to better version daily and love yourself more than anyone. You have to learn to stand up for yourself, because you never know what will happen at which moment. You are the only one who is going to be there till end with you. It's not selfish to love yourself a little more and prioritize yourself. It's completely okay!

Now that's all for today,

Hope we were able to help you in some or the other way.

Thank you, Take care of yourself, Love Yourself 🤍

Adios - The Teen Fix Community

Adios -  The Teen Fix Community