Boasting and Reality

Diary entry : Boasting and Reality

October 30, 2022

Diwali just ended, the festival of lights but instead of the brightness of light I could find myself being engulfed with the darkness of life. 

Once again today, I found myself broken because of my dad's words. My dad who always used to say that he wanted me to become an engineer, be happy as well as settled in life said today that he doesn't want me to complete my bachelor's degree and he doesn't want to pay for it since even my brother needs to complete his graduation after me. He didn't want me to study further. Even if it was said between arguments, it broke my heart.

He always said in front of others, boasting about himself that he never discriminated between his daughter and son. But the reality inside the walls of the house is definitely different.

Till today, I've always dreamt of being independent and making my parents feel proud of me. But the love I once harboured for my dad is now lost after listening to these words. 

Being an engineer is now a dream. Maybe I won't be able to fulfill it if I depend on my family but I'm sure, I'll fulfill it after trying my best.

--------

Written by Maanvi Bhagat maanvibhagat

--------