Chapter 5.1 - Ball

Azalea glanced to the side, trying to free herself of Sirius' grip. She grabbed his arm and lifted it slowly, placing it to the side. "Finally," she breathed out as she stood up. She took her wand off of the side table and stuffed it in her pajama pants pocket, walking out of the room. She had gotten used to the long corridors by now, knowing her way to the kitchen.

   It was Christmas break and the two had went to Potter Manor, staying until school would start once again. It was New Years Eve and Azalea knew there would be a great party later on that afternoon. She dreaded going to parties, knowing how wild they could get. Sirius had explained the parties as if they were the craziest thing he had seen, though she knew that could not possibly be true.

   "Good morning, Azalea," Mrs. Potter greeted her with a smile.

   "Good morning," she nodded sleepily at her, giving a small smile back, "Are you excited for tonight?"

    "Tonight? You mean the party?"

    "Yes! It's going to be amazing! I already have the perfect dress laid out for you!"

   "D-Dress," she sputtered out, "What dress? I don't do dresses, Mrs. Potter."

   "So the boys say," she winked, "But this party is going to be a formal one. A ball, you could say, I suppose."

    "What? But Siri and James said-"

    "That we usually have crazy parties? That's because they keep getting drunk and making themselves crazy," she wrinkled her nose, "I should have grounded them for that, but they keep claiming someone slipped something in their drinks." Azalea snorted.

    "Of course they did." She slowly made herself a cup of tea, her movements slow from sleepiness. A pair of arms snaked around her waist as she lifted the cup to her lips, Azalea jumping in surprise.

    "'Morning," he whispered in her ear.

    "Siri," she exclaimed, "You scared me!"

    "Sorry," he put his chin on her head.

    "Well aren't you two sweet," Mrs. Potter gushed. Azalea blushed and sipped her drink quietly.

    "You are going to love the dress I picked out for her," she sighed dreamily.

    "Dress," Sirius rose his head, "What kind of dress?"

    "A lovely one, of course."

    "And you agreed to that," he looked down at her.

    "No! She just bought it and told me I was wearing one a few minutes ago," Azalea frowned.

   "Poor Z," he whispered in her ear, "Having to wear a dress that would no doubt look lovely on her." Azalea rolled her eyes.

     "You want me to wear a dress, don't you?"

     "Maybe," he shrugged, grinning down at her.

     "I'm going to go through torture just so you can see me in a dress? No. You can't let me do that all alone, Siri." 

   "Then let's call in Lily. Would you wear it if Lily came, too?"

     "I don't know," she narrowed her eyes at her cup of tea.

     "Please, Z? You could just do it for me."

    "You are asking of me something that I would truly hate."

     "I would hate wearing a dress, too. I couldn't wear one, anyways. I don't have the legs for it." Azalea snorted out a laugh.