Chapter 6 - An Idea

Azalea walked off of the train grumpily, upset that her mother didn't even have the decency to say goodbye to her. She had left before Azalea could turn around and say anything at all. Of course, she had told Lily goodbye.

"Azalea," Lily called, but Azalea ignored her. She was still mad that Lily got treated right while she had to suffer. She couldn't do anything to stop it because that was her mother.

"Azalea Roseletta Evans! Stop right now and listen to me," Lily called. Azalea stopped at hearing her full name. It was an automatic response she had, knowing only trouble was to come. Lily grabbed Azalea's arm, roughly shoving her to the side and away from all of the other people.

"What is your problem? What did I do? What are you so mad about?"

Azalea was determined not to speak to Lily so she didn't snap at her. She jerked her arm away and stomped off. Her legs began taking her to the common room, but she stopped before she could go any farther. She shouldn't go to the common room mad. What if she accidently yelled at Sirius? He would get angry at her, and she didn't want that. No. She would go sit on the bridge instead. Maybe then she could calm down some.

Azalea dragged her trunks along with her until she got to the middle of the bridge. She sat them down, gently sitting on top of them to look down below the bridge. She sighed and continued to stare, drifting off into her own world. She was not concentrating hard enough to even realize what she was staring at. It was all just darkness.

"Hey Z," Sirius whispered quietly as he sat on the trunks with her, "What's wrong? Lily was all upset because you were mad at her and she sent me, James, Peter, and Remus to find you."

Azalea looked up at the sound of Sirius' voice. When she saw him, she relaxed a little. She thought it may have been some crazy killer that would murder her with a simple flick of their wand.

"Hey, Siri. Lily is right. I am mad at her. I don't see how she just sat back and went along with it all. I would have stood up for her if she was in my place!" Sirius looked at her confused for a moment. He finally nodded and began speaking again.

"What did she go along with? What should she have stood up for? She is really upset. You do know that, right?"

"Let her be upset," Azalea snapped, "She deserves it for being a suck up to mum!" She stood up quickly, kicking the trunk she was sitting on off of the bridge. Azalea took deep breaths and closed her eyes.

"You are so lucky that was the empty one," Sirius murmured, "I am sure it was not Lily's fault. Whatever happened was probably your mum's fault. Not hers."

"What, so now you are taking her side, too? Of course you are! She is a perfect little angel! She does everything so perfectly! I don't want to hear anymore of it! That is all I have heard my whole life! I'm always compared to her! It's always Lily this and Lily that! Why aren't you like Lily? Can't you act like Lily for once? She isn't perfect, contrary to popular belief!"

Sirius winced, and Azalea felt bad as soon as she saw the hurt look on his face. She was prideful, however, and continued to keep her strong glare on him. She was not going to stop until someone gave her a good reason as to why she shouldn't be mad at Lily.

"Look Z, I am sure Lily didn't ask to be treated the way she is. It probably just... happened. I understand where you are coming from, really, but you can't get mad at Lily for it. I promise I am not going to take her side. I will always be on your side, okay?" Azalea glared at him but nodded anyways.

"I guess you are right... It is not her fault. People treat her that way all the time and she just probably doesn't realize it..." Sirius nodded and held out his arms. Azalea smiled and jumped into them, knocking him off the trunk and onto the ground. He groaned in pain but didn't move.