Name and Cover Reveal!

I ended up getting the cover back a lot quicker than I thought I would! So here it is! Royally Divine, set to publish as an ebook and paperback within days! I hope to be published by June 9-11 so be looking out for the next update announcing it is live! To thank everyone who has made it this far, I am giving a sneak peak into the book! Enjoy!

___________

When I remember the moment I lost control, the moment I realized what I had done, there was nothing more than pain and fear that filled me. I was running so hard and so far away from what I had done and how I felt. Everything hit me at once, and that moment of weakness is when the power took control of my body.

The fire swam underneath the surface of my skin, the heat burning me from the inside out. I tried to crush those rolling waves, smother them with my own will. But there was no stopping the fury of the flames, the intense heat that refused to leave me. The more I panicked, the higher the flames rose. It wasn’t until they broke the surface that I began crying, the water sizzling away upon hitting my cheeks. 

I shouldn’t have this power. It was never mine and it wanted me to know it never would be. As if confirming my thoughts, the flames licked my shoulders, brushing past my hair and into the air above. I held my hands in front of me, begging the flames to sink back down where they came from. Better yet, to leave my body entirely. But they wouldn’t go, their intensity rising higher and higher until I couldn’t see past them. I was cocooned inside the flames, not able to see the world beyond. 

I thought I was saved when I heard the voice, thought that it would be over. Surely they could calm these roaring flames, help me to escape their fury. But when I couldn’t make them stop, and they couldn’t either, pain was the only thing I felt. I screamed and screamed as a different type of fire touched my skin, the burning sensation rushing over my entire being. The flames made me hot, but they didn’t boil my skin and eat me alive. Not like that. Only one thought had consumed me, keeping me tethered to the moment.

Please stop fighting this, fighting me. I loved him, too. But now you are mine, and we are one. I am your  new master.