Chapter 1 - Running Away

Azalea glared at her mother, throwing her hair up into a quick ponytail as she did.

"Go clean the dishes," her mother snapped as she passed, "And make sure that there is not any visible spots on them either."

"Yes mother," Azalea replied bitterly. She walked into the kitchen and threw her head back, groaning as she did so. The sink was full of dishes, the counter space wasted by piles of plates.

"She did this on purpose," Azalea muttered bitterly.

"Did not," her mother screeched back.

"Did not," Azalea mocked quietly, bending down so she could get a sponge from under the sink. She set to work on scrubbing all of the dishes clean, her hands covered in soap. They began to turn red from all of the scrubbing even though she had not even done half of them yet.

"This would be a good time to be seventeen. Then I could leave this stupid place and not have to do the dishes."

"Lucky for us we only have to deal with you for two more years," her mother screamed.

"Lucky for me, I don't have to come back," Azalea screamed, "You stupid bloody woman." She whispered it under her breath, but her mother still heard.

"What did you call me," her mother snarled from the doorway. "

A bloody hag," Azalea said happily.

"Why you little-"

"Calm down," Azalea's father screamed from the sitting room.

Azalea rolled her eyes. Since when did her mother calm down? Mr. Evans had tried to get Mrs. Evans to stop bullying Azalea and leave her alone. Would she? Of course not. Her sister was also currently angry at her because she thought Azalea was lying to her. She told her Severus told Petunia about her and Sirius, but Lily refused to listen. She said he wouldn't, he wasn't like that. 

"Hey, Tuni," Azalea called up, "Can I have some help here?"

"No," her sister barked back, slamming her door and continuing to talk on the house phone. Azalea rolled her eyes and quickened her pace, the dishes done sooner then they should have been. Mrs.Evans saw that Azalea was no longer occupied.

"Cook us dinner and wash the clothes," she ordered.

"Yes, mum," Azalea muttered. She turned on the stove, setting out a few things as she did so.

"What do you want to eat? Please say easy food."

"Some type of pasta," her mother decided. Azalea groaned and face palmed. She hated cooking anything with pasta in it. Hers always tasted horrible.

She went to work anyways, putting on a small apron as she did. Once she had set up everything, she took a bag of clothes and went outside, pouring them into a bucket full of water and soap. She was so tired of being verbally abused and taken advantage of. Tired of her small rebellions only to get worse punishments. It was exhausting, mentally and physically. She felt like Cinderella without the prince Charming.

 She closed her eyes thoughtfully, grinning at her new idea. She took out all of the wet clothes and tossed them as far as she could. Some got caught caught in trees and others landed in mud. Her mother saw soon and she began yelling at Azalea, telling her to stop or she will be punished. Azalea laughed as she threw the last piece of clothing, running back in the house. She tipped over the pans that were full of boiling water and pasta, some hitting her mothers legs as she tried to stop Azalea. Azalea then raced up the stairs, taking all of her clothes and packing them in her trunks. Her owl was safely locked away in its cage, looking at her curiously.