Chapter 7 - Sirius' Family

"Goodbye, Lily!" Azalea hugged her sister tightly, not wanting to let her go. Lily was heading home for the holidays, and she wasn't. She had made the decision to stay with Sirius at school. He wouldn't say why he was staying, and she didn't want him to be lonely. Remus, James, and Peter had all went to see their families. 

"Siri, I'm hungry. Is it lunch time yet? I want some chicken legs," Azalea screamed as she jumped on his back.

"Fine. We will go get lunch then," Sirius said as he began to walk, "Why didn't you go with Lily? You won't be able to see your family for a while."

"You were lonely! You would have been the only gryffindor staying! Now you aren't lonely," Azalea chirped, playing with his hair.

"I would have been fine by myself," Sirius said as he rolled his eyes, "Besides, Petunia misses you."

"Petunia wouldn't miss me in a million years. She thinks me and Lily are freaks," she scoffed. 

"I want to meet her and see how she reacts," Sirius laughed, "I can work my charm on her and then tell her I'm a wizard! She would die!" Azalea smacked Sirius in the back of the head as he opened the doors to the Great Hall.

"You will not be charming my sister! I don't care if she hates me! You aren't going to use her!" Sirius frowned as he dropped Azalea in her usual seat, plopping down beside her.

"But Z," Sirius whined, "She deserves it! She hurt you! And Lily!"

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean she should be hurt! I would rather take the high road and not seek revenge. Ugh, I sound like Lily right now! Thanks Siri," Azalea huffed as she began eating her food.

"But, while we are on the topic," Azalea started, "Don't you have family that would want to see you?"

"Well, yeah, but I don't want to see them," Sirius said after thinking for a moment, "Besides, they won't miss me too awfully bad."

"Do you have any siblings? You never talk about any," Azalea said as she finished her food and waited for Sirius to finish.

"Yeah. I have a younger brother," Sirius said slowly, "His name is Regulus. He will come to Hogwarts when we are in our second year."

"Regulus? I am going to call him Reggi. Once he gets in Gryffindor, that is. How come you never told me about him," Azalea asked as the two began heading back towards the common room.

"Azalea, my family is different okay? Regulus isn't anything like me. There is reasons why I don't tell you this stuff. I haven't even told James,"  Sirius murmured as he stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"Well, that's why you should tell me," Azalea smiled, "What's wrong with your family? You can tell me, you know. I'm actually a very good secret keeper."

"That's hard to believe, Z. Are you sure you want me to tell you? Remember, no telling anyone," he reminded her.

"Yeah. Tell me," she said, smiling gently at Sirius. The two walked in the common room and sat down. Slowly, Sirius began to speak.

"My family are all wizards. You know about purebloods. Some are like Malfoy, who hate muggles. And some are like me, who don't care about that junk. I'm considered a blood traitor. You know what that is, right," he asked. He didn't want to confuse her in any way. Azalea nodded and took Sirius' hand, encouraging him to go on. She realized he didn't want people to know this side of him, but she knew he needed to tell at least one person and get it off his chest.

"My family is not blood traitors," he finally continued, "They hate blood traitors, muggleborns, and muggles. They were all in slytherin. They are going to be so mad when I get home and I tell them I'm in gryffindor."