Chapter 6 - The Kitchens

"Azalea, you are going to the party whether you like it or not," Lily snapped, dragging her sister towards the door, "You were invited and you have to go."

"He is a stupid professor who wants me to make his party fun," Azalea huffed, "I'm not going just because he wants someone who is actually interesting for once!"

Lily was in a nice, white, formal dress. Her hair hung down in long curls. Azalea had been forced into an identical dress, but hers was red. As Lily dragged Azalea down the steps, she managed to pull out the two ponytails that were holding up her hair. Azalea's naturally wavy hair fell down, caressing her shoulders.

"Please, Lily! I will do anything you want for the next month! Just don't make me go," Azalea begged as she clawed at Lily, desperate to get her ponytails back.

"So, Z," Sirius called from the bottom of the stairs, "You ready to go?"

"I guess so" she grumbled. Sirius agreed to go with her to the party because Azalea said she would 'die if she had to go to a stupid Christmas party without someone to help her find a way to ruin the party.'

"You look stunning. Did Lily force the dress over your head," he laughed, watching as a guy walkrd up to Lily, took her arm, and left.

"Yay! Let's stay here and not go to the party! She won't ever know," Azalea said excitedly, turning her head back towards the dorms.

"Nope. I have strict instructions from Lily, and I do not want her to carry out the threat that she made," he shivered, remembering the conversation.

"Sirius Black! How dare you betray me? My poor, kind, broken heart! Whatever will I do?"

"Your heart isn't poor, your heart isn't broken, and your heart isn't that nice," Sirius pointed out, "And I am not betraying you. I am saving my skin."

"Azalea Evans," Professor Slughorn smiled when they arrived, "You look lovely. I didn't think you were going to make it. Come now! We were just about to eat!"

"Trust me, I didn't think I was going to make it either, "Azalea said grumpily. Sirius pulled out a seat, helping her sit down. He took a seat next to her, putting him next to a blonde haired girl.

"You are both filthy mudbloods," the girl spat at Azalea and Lily, who had just approached. Sirius tensed up, fist clenched. Lily looked down while Azalea glared at the girl. She growled low enough so only Sirius could hear, muttering 'I know who the punch bowl is going on'.

"What are you wearing anyway? It's so out of fashion. Definitely a hand-me-down," she said loud enough so Azalea could hear.

"I'm wearing a nice dress," Azalea said," You, however, look like you are wearing a piece of rag that got dug out of the trash. You smell awful as well. Digging through the trash are you? Tut tut. You look like the type who would be better than that," Azalea said sweetly, knowing this girl was most likely richer than she ever would be. Telling a rich person they were poor was one of the best ways to get them mad.

"I will have you know, this is a designer dress. I certainly did not go digging through the trash. Also, my perfume happens to be one of the most expensive," the girl smirked.

"I think you should get a new designer," Azalea said simply, stuffing a fork full of mashed potatoes in her mouth, "And you should also break that perfume bottle. I think a wild monkey would smell better than it ever will."

The girl gaped at Azalea before standing up, taking a chicken leg with her. The girl threw the chicken leg at Azalea, who easily caught it. The girl watched as Azalea took a scoop of potatoes, flinging it towards her. The girl cried out as they splattered on her dress.