Chapter 3 - Ducks and Chickens

Azalea tapped on the desk impatiently, the class having only ten minutes left.

 "How long does ten minutes take?"

"Ten minutes. I thought that was pretty obvious, Z," Sirius chuckled. Azalea glared at him.

"I know that! I meant that it felt like it was lasting longer than ten minutes and you know that!"

"All of our classes last longer than ten minutes."

"That is not what I meant and you know it," Azalea exclaimed, slapping Sirius lightly on the arm.

"I know," Sirius grinned, "I was just messing with you."

"Really? Because I thought you were an idiot for a second. Good to know you are just stupid. It's a big relief."

"Shut it," he growled at her. Azalea giggled and mocked his words.

"I was just messing with you."

"Yeah yeah," he rolled his eyes.

"Can we cause a distraction," Azalea suddenly asked, "We could get out of class earlier if we did."

"Okay," Sirius shrugged, turning and sitting on the desk, "We can cause a big PDA distraction." He grinned mischievously.

"Stop kidding around," Azalea rolled her eyes, "I was being serious."

"So was I." Azalea blushed lightly.

"Maybe later," she laughed jokingly, "Besides, that won't get us out of class."

"True," Sirius sighed, "And I was really looking forward to that..."

"I have a boyfriend, you know," Azalea exclaimed.

"One I don't like," Sirius mumbled grumpily.

"I don't like any of your girlfriends, either," she snapped, "Now you know how I feel."

"Yeah, but he is so annoying," Sirius complained, "I don't know how you put up with him!"

"It is easier than putting up with those sluts you are always with," Azalea snorted, "Always shoving their tongues down people's throats. It's revolting." Sirius glared at her and leaned in close to her face.

"Oh yeah? What makes you say that? I think you are just jealous." Azalea snorted.

"In your dreams, Black."

"Ouch," he exclaimed, holding his hand to his heart, "That hurt right here." Azalea was conscious of the people staring at them, all wondering why Sirius was so close to his best friend. He leaned forward and whispered in her ear.

"Maybe you could forget that boyfriend of yours and we could go to the broom cupboards-"

"Siri," Azalea exclaimed, slapping his arm, "Stop treating me like those girls you mess with!" Most students frowned when Sirius laughed and backed away, all hoping that the two would be showing a sign that they were dating.

"Off of the desk Mr.Black," Slughorn told Sirius.

"But then it will be lonely," Sirius told him, "And no desk should be as lonely as this one will be."

"Desks don't have emotions, Mr.Black. Kindly take your proper seat."

"They might," Sirius argued, "How do you know how the desks feel? That's up to them to tell you!" Slughorn glared at Sirius.

"That's enough Mr.Black. Take a seat."

"But I shouldn't take things without asking. It's impolite."