Chapter 4 - Werewolf Bites

"Do you think it will really work? What animal do you think you will be," Azalea smiled at Sirius from across the room. She turned to watch as Remus poured the foul smelling potion into four glasses.

"I think it will work. I think I might be a large animal. Like a lion! Or a tiger! That would be the animal for me! Pretty and strong," Sirius grinned. Azalea rolled her eyes.

"You aren't even big now. You are short and lanky. Also, not very strong,"Azalea pointed out. Sirius narrowed his eyes at Azalea, sticking a finger up in her direction. Azalea stared at Sirius hard, and the two began an intense stare off.

"I finished the potion," Remus stated, interrupting the competition they had. Sirius blinked as he turned to Remus, not realizing what he had done.

"I win,"Azalea exclaimed happily. She danced around in circles, moving her arms around to her own beat. Sirius watched Azalea, how her body moved, how her pink lips twitched into a smile. Sirius licked his lips abruptly, quickly looking away from Azalea. Instead, he turned his gaze towards James. He was in the process of snapping his fingers in Sirius' face.

"Getting a little carried away, huh mate," James smirked.

"You look at Lily the same way, James," Sirius snapped quietly, hoping Azalea would not overhear the two. James was about to reply, but Remus interupted. He shoved a cup full of the potion in each of their hands, motioning for them to quickly drink it. He would have to perform the charm quickly afterwards if they wanted it to work.

"This stuff smells awful," Azalea complained, "Couldn't you have at least put some air freshener in it or something? Maybe a smell good candle? Maybe made a different potion?" Remus shook his head.

"Any of those suggestions would not have worked. I am still completely against this, but if you want to be an animagus, and are willing to be an animagus, then you are going to have to deal with it. You kind of deserve it, honestly. This is illegal." Azalea sighed and nodded, bringing the glass to her lips. She held her nose and poured the awful tasting potion down her throat, almost throwing up from the taste. Azalea looked around and saw all the boys faces, except Remus', were exactly like hers. Their faces were scrunched up as they coughed, an attempt get rid of the taste.

"Now, Azalea, you first. Once I perform the charm, you must try to focus with all of your mind on changing. If you don't, you might not change," Remus told her. He held up his wand and pointed it at Azalea, muttering the spell under his breath. Azalea closed her eyes and concentrated on changing, on becoming an animal, on becoming a completely different being. When Azalea opened her eyes, all she saw was the boys staring at her.

"I didn't change. Why didn't I-" Azalea started, but was cut off as she shrunk. An incredible pain pierced her soul, and she cried out. She tried to speak again, but all that came out was a loud bark. She gasped, but it sounded like a whimper. Azalea could tell she had four legs, and that her nose was wet. She just couldn't completely tell what she was. She turned her head and saw a golden tail, her eyes widening. She reached for the tail with her mouth, but it moved. She dived after it again and found herself going in circles.

Sirius and James were laughing at Azalea while Remus looked amazed. Even Peter did not know what to think. Remus had performed the spell on the others, but it hadn't worked for them. Azalea was suddenly full size again. She picked her head up once she realized there was no longer a tail to chase. She stumbled to her feet, standing and slapped James and Sirius on the back of their heads for laughing.

"So, what was I? Was I something ferocious? Could I kill you all if I wanted to," she asked them, "I know I had a golden colored tail. I was trying to catch it to get a closer look!"