Chapter 2

Picture above is Sadies concert fit.

Today's the day me and Mel are going to work at the One Direction concert. We have to be there about four hours before showtime to help set up.

I've being freaking out since she broke the news to me yesterday. And right now we're both struggling to find me a good outfit to wear.

"I cannot believe I am actually caring this much about my appearance right now. Melanie I never care about my appearance ever! Why do I care right now?" I say with obvious exasperation.

"Sadie relax. You're a little more nervous than you'll care to admit, I can tell. You want to make a good impression and trust me, I get it".
She shakes her head and laughs as I can see her reminiscing inside her head.

"I'm being so annoying right now. I'm sorry. I can't even imagine how you've felt this past year. Meeting all kinds of famous people and having to work for them must be nerve-wracking".

"Eh, I mean yea I get nervous and all, but most celebrities I work for are really nice. I've had my fair share of disrespectful ones though." She rolls her eyes at the thought.

"Ok, so I think this black tank, with these knee-ripped black jeans. I don't like showing too much skin so maybe my leather jacket. I don't wanna seem too gothic but who cares. Oh and my black heeled combat boots. What do you think?" I ask her.

"You'll look bad-ass and sexy all at the same time. How could I say no?" She looks at me with a smirk.

I laugh along with her as I think about the times in the past when I've had my doubts about anything. She always says the best things. And sometimes she it's things I don't really want to hear, but she knows it is something I need to hear anyway.

Melanie has never really had a filter, but neither do I. We both have a hot temper, we're spit-fires, and we have a lot of attitude when we need it. But despite all of that, we're loyal to each other and we respect each other.

Same with other people. We aren't just rude to everyone, that's not who we are at all. But we're so much alike in the sense that we have trouble trusting people to get close to us. And because of those trust issues, we seem slightly closed off. But we honestly are nice people, and respect basically everyone. Besides people who don't deserve any of our respect of course. All jokes aside, we don't like be pushed around or disrespected. Especially when we know we don't deserve it.

"Sade", Mel snaps her fingers in my face, breaking me out of my thoughts. "The outfit looks great I said. Perfect for tonight, you'll look hot in it. I've gotta go get myself ready now. You got your hair and makeup right?"

"Oh, yea I've got that. I'm just going to straighten my hair and put mascara on."

"Ugh, lucky bitch. You've never needed to do much to yourself, you always look sexy as hell." She rolls her eyes then winks at me.

I laugh as she leaves my room. I love her so much. I think to myself.

  Later in the car on the way to the concert, which is right here in LA, we struggle to play all of our favorite songs of 1D. We keep picking one and scream-singing the choruses, then changing it to the next so we can fit all of them in. The drive is about 40 minutes from our apartment, but we still want to be sure we hear all of them. You know how it goes before a concert, you can vouch for us.

When we pull up to the stadium, I'm in complete awe. There is already so many people outside waiting to get in, and the show doesn't start for another four hours. Melanie said they won't even open the doors for about two.

We were escorted in through the back entrance, where mostly workers are coming in. I felt like a VIP for some reason. Being somewhat privately escorted in to a One Direction concert and everything.

The stadium itself is huge, and as we walk in it seems even more massive. I have no doubt that it will fill up entirely tonight.

This is seriously crazy, I think to myself. How do people stay so cool, calm, and collected knowing they get to work so close to such a popular boy band?

Mel seems fairly relaxed as well, but me, not so much. I'm playing it as cool as possible, but on the inside I'm freaking out.

I keep looking around nonchalantly to see it I can spot the boys. But, as I suspected, they were no where to be seen. My guess would be that they're in some private room practicing, or they aren't even here yet.

Melanie suddenly stops walking and turns to me. "Alright Sadie, this room is where the stage managers get together before shows to walk through the game plan. Everything has to go as smoothly and efficiently as possible in order for the show to go well. It's up to us, but no pressure, alright?"

"Oh yea, sure. No pressure at all. It's not like this isn't my job or anything. I know exactly what I'm doing" I say with mock sarcasm.

"Don't be a smart-ass, I'm gonna help you out. I do actually know what I'm doing. You won't have to do that much. You'll just help carry something if need be or something like that. Don't worry."

"Easier said than done," I mumble under my breath.

Mel brings me into the room she told me about. It's not very packed, only four other people vacate the room. There is a long couch to one side up against the wall, with a coffee table in front. But that's the only normal furniture.

The rest of the room is occupied with lots of stage equipment. Things like microphones, speakers, mic stands, more speakers, ear pieces on the coffee table, and lots and lots of wires. It's all very organized though, to my surprise.

Everyone has a clipboard in hand and, after walking in, a man with a red beard and a stumpy build hands Mel one too.

"Hey Alec, how's it going?" Mels asks the guy.

"Pretty good. A little shaken up about tonight though. I want this to go smoothly. It's gonna be packed, people go crazy over these guys. But it's gonna keep us busy for sure. Who's this?" He asks while looking at me.

"Oh, this is my best friend Sadie Beck. She's the one I told you about that I asked to bring. She's gonna help out in any way she can." Mel replies.

"Ohhhh yes, I remember. Nice to meet ya' Ms. Beck." He sticks his hand out for me to shake and I take it.

"Nice to meet you too." I say back.

"Wow, that's a strong grip," he laughs and Mel and I join him.

"Yea Sade here is a tough one, strong-willed inside and out. That's why she'll be good help tonight." Mel states with assurance I cannot match.

"Alrighty," Alec claps his hands together and gets the rooms attention. "We've got some work to do before the show, everyone else is in the other equipment room getting things sorted out. We will meet them on stage now and run through the plan. We'll get started afterwards. Now let's move people."

"Isn't this exciting?" Mel turns to me and asks as she takes my hand and leads us out of the room.

"Very." I reply with nervousness.

I am shaking on the inside, mostly from excitement but also from the nerves. I usually can keep my composure quite well, but tonight is different.

I know it'll be fun though. I just have to do my part and then I can enjoy this with Mel. Everything's gonna be fine Sadie. I assure myself. You can do this.

I sure hope so.

———————
Chapter 2 = finished
Thanks for reading!
The next chapter will be all about the concert.