Chapter 10

(This is Sadies birthday party outfit)

In Da Club ~ 50 Cent
My Oh My ~ Camilla Cabello feat. DaBaby
Bust a Move ~ Run DMC

—————

2 weeks later

I was sleeping so soundly and deeply before I'm awoken by the sound of music playing loudly in my bedroom.

It takes a minute before I realize what the song is, and who's behind the playing of it so loudly at this hour. I smile lazily and sit up to see Melanie holding my Beats Pill in her hand and dancing to In Da Club by 50 Cent.

"Go, go, go, go, go, go, go shawty. It's ya' birthday. We gonna party like it's ya' birthday." I laugh at her while she dances and sings to me. This is our tradition for each other's birthdays. We always play this song early in the morning on the day, no exceptions.

"You old bitchhhhh. You're 22! Should I play the Taylor Swift song now?" She exclaims.

"The fact that your asking me like it's not 100% necessary."

"You're right. Here we go, 22 by Taylor Swift coming right up." She grins devilishly at me.

The music comes on and as soon as the music starts we start scream singing. Especially when the chorus kicks in.

"I don't know about you, but I'm feeling twenty-twoooo." We finish singing and are both dying with laughter afterwards.

We both lay on my bed staring straight up at the ceiling. "I love our tradition." I tell her with a sigh.

"Me too. It's so much fun, except on the receiving end. It doesn't feel good to be woken up early in the morning with 50 Cent playing super loud. But it feels better after the first minute." She laughs and I agree with her.

"Our neighbors hate us." I say with a chuckle.

"Hell yea they do. So hey, I've gotta question. And then I'll give you your gifts." She smirks at me.

"I know where you're going with this, you ask me every year. And no, I'm not going to start cussing. And I'm never changing my mind." I roll my eyes at her.

She's been trying to get me to start cussing again for 7 years now. She thinks it was hilarious when I acted like an annoying lunatic back in high school. I stopped after my freshman year, and trust me I was worse than a sailor when I cussed. After I went to a church trip the summer of that year, it pretty much changed my life and stopped me from being a brat and a trouble maker.

I can still be mean and say vulgar things, but I don't cuss at all. By vulgar I mean when I tell Melanie to stop being a faggot. But that doesn't count.

"Ughhhh. I'm gonna keep trying every year until you do." She tells me while sitting up from the bed.

"And it's never gonna happen darling." I wink at her.

"Ohhh so I see you're starting to talk like your man now huh? Don't think I haven't noticed how he always calls you that." She wiggles her brows at me.

I roll my eyes at her for like the fiftieth time already this morning. "He's not my man Mel, you know this. We're just really close."

"Mhmm, really really close. But not too close, no one can have my spot." She points an authoritative finger at my face.

We laugh at the thought of Harry replacing Melanie as my best friend. "Nah we know he could never take my place. But seriously, even though you aren't dating yet, you've gotten so close and the way you look at each other, tsk tsk tsk. You ain't fooling anybody darling." She says with another evil smirk.